iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new

Started by crowtalker, August 04, 2005, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowtalker

Hello, new poster.  Forester.  Southwestern, educated in the south.  May not be much of a poster with you northern folk.

Part_Timer

Welcome to the forum.

Lots of southerners here.  No one even holds it against them that they eat grits :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Rockn H

Welcome, crowtalker
We ain't all from up there. ;D
You say educated in the south, what part?

crowtalker

Alabama and South Carolina.  On tempory duty in Arizona.  And I want to go home.  HOT HOT HOT

Rockn H

But it's a dry heat. :D ;D ;D

gary

hello crowtalker.

tnlogger

welcome crowtalker and dont let them northen members scare ya heck we even gots some of um coverted to eating GRITS  :D
gene

Jodi

Welcome to the forum Crowtalker. I still do not eat grits, don't let them pressure you into it!  :D

crowtalker

Grits were/are a stable in my family.  I don't think I miss them.

DanG

Welcome Crowtalker. 8) 8)  We really don't mind if you eat grits or not.  We just like to yammer on at one another about it. ;D :D :D

So, what ya got going in Arizona?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

Welcome Crowtalker.  I may live in the north but I'm from the South. So I can still understand y'alls language.  Pull up that nail keg over there and sit a spell. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Engineer

SEE!   :o  He's from de South and he don' like de grits! 

So there, y'all!

Welcome, Crowtalker, you'll fit in good here.   ;D

Pete J

Quote from: Engineer on August 04, 2005, 05:02:35 PM
SEE!   :o  He's from de South and he don' like de grits! 

So there, y'all!

Welcome, Crowtalker, you'll fit in good here.   ;D

I'm confused. I thought you had to like grits just to be allowed to live down south. Things are looking up for me!

Welcome Crowtalker!

crowtalker

thank you for your welcomes

DanG (is that really your web name?) I have a temporty job on the Tonto reservation to try and figure out how to reduce fire hazard, log dead timber, and please the powers that be. 

submarinesailor

Ok Ok Ok - I'll ask. ;D ;D ;D  How did you get your handle? ??? ??? ???

Bruce/subsailor

Riles

And what part of South Carolina.

Go Tigers
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

DanG

CT, them first two sound like an interesting challenge, but the last item on your "to do" list is impossible.  Do the best with it that ya can. :) :)

The handle is just my first name and last initial.  Turns out that it makes a dandy cussword for these family oriented forums.  It's official here, so don't be slingin' about no Durns and Dagnabbits, or you'll be called to task! ;D :D :D

Let me guess;  Auburn and Clemson? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

maple flats

North or south, we like y'all. Welcome aboard Crowtalker, you've found a great place to hang out. Post when ya can, read some threads and work when ya must. When you come back you'll have a great group waiting for ya and asken what you been up to. Not nosey, just plain interested in others and everything related to wood. 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

BBK

Hello I just joined up myself. The fellers seem to be a friendly bunch, even the yanky's.
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

crowtalker

Crowtalker is a loose english translation of a Koasati name given to me. 

My family is in Greenville.

College was a scattered affair, but yes, spread in with some military time, family time, and all the rest of the demands of life.  I am gratefully indentured to the people who raised me and educated me.

Jodi

Quote from: BBK on August 05, 2005, 10:08:46 AM
Hello I just joined up myself. The fellers seem to be a friendly bunch, even the yanky's.

Who woulda known?  :D ::)

Tom_Averwater

Welcome to the forum Crowtalker. I though maybe you were crow hunter with handle like "Crowtalker" . DanG  it , there I go again trying to think .  :D  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Ernie

Welcome to our home Crowtalker and BBK,  I think I'm about as far south as you can get here in New Zealand, well maybe not but there are no trees in Antarctica ;) ;)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!