iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Hydraulics

Started by DragonsBane, July 28, 2005, 09:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonsBane

Could the owners of mills with hydraulics be kind enough to send me some hi-res pics of there hydraul;ics?
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object envinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

De Opresso Liber.

VA-Sawyer

Just exactly which sections are you most interested in ? I just may be able to help you out.
VA-Sawyer

DragonsBane

I interested in the log turners and the log clamps.  I have the plans to build a swinger and now i'm trying to figure out with will better serve my needs. A swinger or a bandmill?
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object envinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

De Opresso Liber.

VA-Sawyer

I would like to have both ! I have a band mill because of the kind of logs I usally get. My WM LT40 can handle up to about 20' long and 30" or so in diameter. That will do about 90% of the wood I get here.  My customers usally want boards rather than construction lumber so the bandmill is the better choice for me. I do saw construction lumber about 20-25% of the time, so it is quite doable on a bandmill, it just would probably be quicker/easier with a swinger or maybe a MD type of mill. A swinger would be nice for the occasional monster log and for logs I can't easily get my mill to. There have been jobs where I spent a lot of time either getting my mill to the log/s or the log/s to my mill.  I tend to shy away from those jobs now or else charge enough to make it worth while.  I have send you a PM with more info about the photos.
VA-Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!