iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poll results

Started by Ron Wenrich, August 02, 2002, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

I went back over some of our previous polls to come up with the following information.  The first couple of polls were the ones that had the most votes.  Keep in mind that this is a totally unscientific poll.  

About 60% have something to do with the forest industry.  The largest block was portable sawmillers, followed by foresters, industrial sawmillers and loggers.  25% classified themselves as landowners.  67 votes.

40% got to this site from either a website link or a forum link.  20% got here by invitation, 16% from a search engine, and 13% by recommendations. Only 2% by an internet ad.  45 votes.

Nearly 1/2 visit several times a day.  12% check in once a day, 10% several times a week, 5% a few times a month.  What was suprising, 21% said it was their first visit.  42 votes.

The types of forests in our area was either a mixed hardwood conifers (51%) or mostly hardwood stands (41%).  Mostly conifers was about 8%.  39 votes.

I asked a question of how much we wanted from our state foresters.  I was surprised about the outcome.  41% wanted on site services and planning.  12% wanted an on site visit.  12% wanted information only.  10% wanted unlimited services.  Only 3% said none.  58 votes.

We think foresters should be licensed by 60% vs 34%.  32 votes.

We don't think much about forest certification.  42% said no certification, and 21% is still undecided.  FSC was the top of the 4 certifiers, followed by Tree Farm, then SFI, then Pan-Euro which received no votes   I was suprised that SFI had such a poor showing.

37% feel that forest practices should be totally unregulated.  25% were undecided.  33% feel regulations should be at the state level and only 5% feel regulations should be at the local level.  36 votes.

Subsidies?  50% said no, 30% yes and 20% undecided.  39 votes.

Some interesting information.   :)

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

woodman

Not to meny people vote so is it a good poll is it true  ??.
Jim Cripanuk

Tom

It's as true as those who voted can make it.  It's really just for fun and entertainment although we, as  members, may glean some educational value from them.

Got any suggestions for a Poll?

CHARLIE

I find the Poll data interesting. I'm just looking to see how my beliefs stack up with others here on the forum and that is fun. The Poll can't be a true poll because it can't take a representative slice of the population. People on this forum are more sensitive to trees, forestry and most other outdoor activities and the poll will reflect that. But nonetheless, I like to see how my thoughts stack up with the rest o' youse (that's yankee for y'all)....... ;D

I would like to see polls on:
- Favorite tree
- Favorite wood for woodworking
- Best chainsaw
- Best Tractor
- Best tree for planting a grove for later harvesting
- Favorite type of dessert (pie, cobbler, cake, cookies, icecream, etc.)
- Favorite main dish (beef, pork, chicken, fish, cassarole (hotdish), soup, chili, etc)
- Best lawnmower
- Best pickup truck
- Best small engine (Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, Roper, Wisconsin, etc)
- Any kind of political poll.. :o

I'm sure there are a lot of other subjects, but I'd like to have the results readily available so I could see how my answers stacked up. If the poll results are too much later, I may not be able to remember my answers........... ::)    
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ron Wenrich

Favorite Christmas Tree  

Blue spruce - 25%
White pine - 15%
Balsam fir - 13%
Douglas fir - 11%
Fraser fir - 9%
Scotch pine - 8%
Norway spruce - 6%
Other - 6%
Red cedar - 4%
Concolor fir - 2%

52 votes  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!