iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Equipment Repairs. A "moble welding unit" visits the timber harvest area for on site repairs to the iron mule forwarder. A fatiue crack needs welding. Flint timber harvest; 3/04.

~Ron

Noront

How do you go about posting photos here. We have a bunch you might be interested in, it's at yahoo groups and is called loaderlarrys. It has pics of some forestry stuff here in north western ont.

Ron Scott

Norant,

Go to the Forum Tools bar above and Uploading Pictures.  Instuctions there should help.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Vintage Crawler This D-6 Caterpillar was being used for snow removal and road and landing grading. I'm told that it is a 1946 model. The steering was "a little loose". Corey timber harvest; 3/04.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder.  Working in a northern hardwood selection harvest. Short wood, variable length logging. Corey timber harvest; 3/04.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder. Sorts wood into products at the landing/decking area. Corey timber harvest; 3/04.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Western Star Wood Hauler. The wood hauler gets prepared to leave the landing with a load of pulpwood during a "spring break-up" morning. The 230A  timberjack forwarder stands by for assistance. Corey timber harvest; 3/04.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Western Star Wood Hauler. Starts to leave the timber sale area with a load of pulpwood during spring break-up. Corey timber harvest; 3/04.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Western Star Wood Hauler. Assistance is needed from the 230 A Timberjack forwarder to get underway for the hill climb ahead. Spring break-up; Corey timber harvest 3/04.

~Ron

beenthere

Could there be something wrong with my computer settings (monitor) because I don't see the 'forwarder' in Ron's picture at all (only an outline of the boom) unless I download the pic to photo software, and adjust the brightness considerably. Then the green forwarder stands out very clearly.
Should I adjust the monitor?  The brightness is set as 'bright' as it will go, as well as the contrast.
Not complaining, but seems I am missing details of pics with what I have set up now.
Any ideas?  Thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

Beenthere,

I see the green timberjack ok, but I have monitor on Max brightness. Photo is a little dark though due to weather at the time and darker at the rear end of the wood hauler where forwarder is pushing.
~Ron

beenthere

I'm at max brightness on the monitor.
Here is how I brightened up the pic (at least I'll see if it comes out any different) by adding 'brightener'.   ;D

Sorry to clutter up your thread here, and will delete if helpful to do so.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ed_K

Red pine thinning western Ma. 04-19-04.

Ed K

Ron Scott

Good to see some logging photos from other parts of the country!!!  :P
~Ron

Ed_K

New forwarder at the Northeast Expo.

I need $$$  ;D.
Ed K

Dom

:)

I was wondering when someone would post a Rottne! I work for Rocan Forestry in Dieppe NB.  8) We are the distributor for Rottne in Canada.

http://www.rocan.com/

David_c

theres a rottne forwarder working a red pine thinning up the road. i'll try and get a picture of it to post.

i saw that one at the expo 215k with tracks and chains, thats some serious money.

Dom

http://www.rocan.com/equipment.htm

There are videos of Rottnes on this site, if some of you are interested.

David_c

how the heck am i supposed to get this picture i wanterd to show to get on here? every time i do it it just winds up in the archive.

Tom

You almost had it. Read the instructions in Forum Tools at the top of the page.

The Picture was very small.  You  must have shrunk it to the 15k rather than optimizing it.

beenthere

Tom said ""You  must have shrunk it to the 15k rather than optimizing it.  ""  

Looks like that is a clue to what I am doing wrong to. I will try to work on that.  I have one site that only takes 10k, and seems the only way I can get to 10k is shrink it. Now I will need to look into optimizing it.  I will head for the instructions tomorrow. Going to postpone taking down a windmill, as the wind is to be 20 - 25 mph and chance of thunderstorms. I'll stick to the ground and try to not become the "ground" for any lightnin bolts.
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Dom:

Welcome to the forum.

cheers  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

David_c

Thanks Tom but i cant seem to make them any bigger and still get them in here ::) i dont know what else to do so it looks like i wont be posting any pics. i just aint that smart i quess.

SwampDonkey

Dave:

If your using photoshop, I find that it encodes some extras into the jpg image files and its hard to optimize the photo. I use fireworks and it doesn't seem to stuff the image with 'filler'.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Swede

I live ~30 miles from Rotte so I have seen some of them.   :) Most machines working in the forrests here are Rottne and Timberjack.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!