iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treefarmer87

I  saw it sitting next to a large tract of small pine on my way to augusta lumber co. it says 640C on the front panels. then the next day it was @ the tire shop, they are putting 4 new ones on the back :o$$$. wonder how much the machine cost?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

bill m

A few photos of the last 2 jobs this winter.
First 2 photos are creating a sugar bush for a landowner.

Next photos are cutting pine that will go to FF member Dave Shepard.

NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

SwampDonkey

Nice!  :)

Dave, how do you rank? ;) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

paul case

nice work and some nice looking logs too. makes me a little jealous. sometimes here we cant find a straight tree. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

sawdust

Ran a skidder today  :D   No witnesses thank goodness. I had no idea, still don't I'm sure! Timberjack 480B with a hydraulic grapple. I left a trail of trees that I could follow all the way back to the place I picked em up. Never piloted anything articulated, could not see what I was carrying and did not realize that you have to keep tightening the grapple as the load rolls around in there. I have always thought that the back end of an ambulance was a rough ride... nope, smooth as silk. I was driving on real nice smooth frozen ground and thought the seatbelt was going to pull me in half.
Skidder operators have my utmost respect.
sawdust

comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Ron Scott

Quote from: sawdust on April 04, 2011, 11:49:43 PM
Ran a skidder today  :D   No witnesses thank goodness. I had no idea, still don't I'm sure! Timberjack 480B with a hydraulic grapple. I left a trail of trees that I could follow all the way back to the place I picked em up. sawdust

That doesn't make the forester happy. ;)
~Ron

barbender

The one grapple machine I ran for but a few minutes had a detent on the grapple control that applies a small amount of hydraulic pressure to the the grapple so that you don't have to hold it or constantly squeeze the grapple. I think most of them are set up that way.
Too many irons in the fire

Ron Scott

John Deere 548D Grapple Skidder. Schirmer hardwood sale, 1/11.

The Amish logging crew take a lunch break around the fire with the skidder parked to break the wind.

~Ron

Bobus2003

Interesting Idea with the tire on the grapple..

FMC Track Skidder (Cable Type)

semologger

Yes  i to like the tire idea. Might have to try that one. Grapple skidders are all ive ever run. Prob why my pants size are a little to big now days.

treefarmer87

nice FMC bobus2003 8) i have seen a couple skidders with the tire like that. what is it for?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

snowstorm

Quote from: treefarmer87 on April 11, 2011, 06:52:44 PM
nice FMC bobus2003 8) i have seen a couple skidders with the tire like that. what is it for?
to keep the graple from banging headed in empty

treefarmer87

thats a good idea, saves wear n' tear
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

semologger

Its alot cheaper than putting brake pads in. Always old tires laying around

woodtroll

Bobus2003, where is the FMC working?

Bobus2003

Quote from: woodtroll on April 14, 2011, 03:08:20 PM
Bobus2003, where is the FMC working?

We've got it 13 miles south of Deadwood on Killoern Springs Rd

woodtroll

I will need to swing up that way and check it out.
Is it on a Fed job?

Bobus2003

Yea its on Fed Land.. Hopin for some warm weather so we can start pullin wood again..

Ron Scott

The Amish use one of their skidsteers to sort and deck products at the landing. Schirmer hardwood sale, 1/11.

~Ron

donny hochstetler

I like the pictures, do the amish have there own mill ? I grew up just east of there, I know alot of the amish from northern mi. , figured I might even know who these folks are , some of the younger ones I don't know but might know there parents its been about 20 years since I moved out of the area but we still go back every year or so  northern mi. is a beutiful place 8)

Ron Scott

Yes, they own their own Sawmill and a table factory.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Tree Length Logging. The Amish loggers tree length oak to the landing with a grapple skidder that they rented to finish the job after their contracted producer failed to finish the job. Schirmer hardwood sale, 1/11.

~Ron

amberwood

A few quick pics from this week. It is starting to get steep.

TJ1210 Forwarder working its way downhill loaded.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!