Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

The Ponsee Fox Harvester makes it turn on the lowland cutting strip. 11/10

~Ron

Ron Scott

Ponsee Fox Harvester, H6 Harvester Head

A Ponsse Sales Rep points out the features of the Ponsse H6 harvester head.

The Ponsse H6 Harvester Head has a cutting diameter of 25 inches.
~Ron

arbo71

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Corley5

Tree Farmers were manufactured by CanCar.  My C4D forwarder which is newer than an 1986 has CanCar on the ID plate.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

paul case

i just finished reading all 87 pages of this great thread. heres a pic of my dads tractor we use to load logs.

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Ron Scott

It is often asked if the chains should be put on the front or the back tires. Here the chains are being put on the front tires of the 440B JD Cable skidder. Schirmer hardwood sale, 3/10.

~Ron

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Bobus2003

isawlogs

I like having the front chained up if only one set is available, why does he not have the sid ecovers on the engin , where they off to check a few things , I would never take to the bush with out them in place , there is just too much to go wrong with a limb going in there   :o :o  It sure don't take long for a limb to find the chain and climb into the pump  ::) :o :-X
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ron Scott

He must have taken the side covers off while putting the chains on for some reason. This guy is very particular and careful with his equipment so he wouldn't run without them. ;)
~Ron

Bobus2003

My 440 Doesn't have factory Engine Covers.. I have a Home-made set, but they tend to make it over-heat.. Did the 440 have Engine covers from the factory? I have never seen one with them

isawlogs

Bobus2003
    As far as I know they did.
  I saw that the machine was really clean and not abused from the pics, one reason for asking, for a machine that old it sure stands proud.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

snowstorm

Quote from: Bobus2003 on November 29, 2010, 09:59:59 PM
My 440 Doesn't have factory Engine Covers.. I have a Home-made set, but they tend to make it over-heat.. Did the 440 have Engine covers from the factory? I have never seen one with them
if for some reason you have a pusher fan you must have the side covers with the holes in them.  some of the b's had pusher fans.

grassfed

The owners manual lists side covers as an option.

My skidder did not have side covers when I got it but it had the hinges. I once had a limb break off the oil pressure sending unit. I saw what I thought was a black thread coming out of the engine and going up toward the sky.  A couple of seconds later I realized what it was and I shut down the skidder. I did not damage the engine but I had to spend the rest of the day  bagging black snow to clean up all of the oil. I lost about 3/4 of a gallon of oil in a few seconds. I now have side covers. 
Mike

Bobus2003

Quote from: snowstorm on November 30, 2010, 06:22:31 AM
Quote from: Bobus2003 on November 29, 2010, 09:59:59 PM
if for some reason you have a pusher fan you must have the side covers with the holes in them.  some of the b's had pusher fans.

I Actually have both, Pusher and Puller fans for my 440.. My dad used to change the fans for winter/summer use.. The side Covers i have have holes, but maybe just not enough holes or maybe they need to be bigger.. :-\

Ron Scott

Other photos of this machine in the thread shows a black engine cover.
~Ron

mad murdock

I sure liked those fans that had the blades that you could adjust to suck or blow, depending on the season.  Just reach in, push down and twist the blades to whichever position you wanted.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

barbender

I like this thread to stay near the top, so I'll throw up a pic of my equipment on a little clearing job I did.

Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

That's a nice Minnesota winter picture. Too bad we all have to switch to our black and white cameras in the winter. It's the law you know.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

paul case

i like this thread also. it is neat to see all the logging equipment.

this is my unloader at the mill. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

paul case

here's how i get to where i m logging at.

this picture was at the end of a day of logging black walnut at the silvey farm, seneca, mo.    pc
pc

barbender

Quote from: Gary_C on December 13, 2010, 04:04:39 PM
That's a nice Minnesota winter picture. Too bad we all have to switch to our black and white cameras in the winter. It's the law you know.  :D :D
Gary, that's a color picture, it's just a black and white day :: :)
Too many irons in the fire

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

paul case

it kinda reminds me of banjo pickers and his kinda reminds me of yours! ;D ;D   pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!