iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobus2003

I wish I knew what happened, Cause ya don't see that everyday. I'm just glad it wasn't my equipment or sale

Samuel

Apparently the block layout/planning crew needs to be spoken to...
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Jamie_C

Quote from: Bobus2003 on June 27, 2010, 08:51:52 PM
How about an oops like this?

It was an accident somewhat similar to this that outlawed leaving open holes from digging for gravel along woods roads here. A Feller Buncher ended up submerged on it's roof after going across an unmarked open pit hole in the winter. If memory serves me right the operator actually drowned.

twobears

it looks like he found a creek.

delbert

graves logging

Quote from: Jamie_C on July 03, 2010, 05:13:00 PM
Quote from: Bobus2003 on June 27, 2010, 08:51:52 PM
How about an oops like this?

It was an accident somewhat similar to this that outlawed leaving open holes from digging for gravel along woods roads here. A Feller Buncher ended up submerged on it's roof after going across an unmarked open pit hole in the winter. If memory serves me right the operator actually drowned.
i have a pic of that somewhere.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

deutz4

HahnHarvesters have been around here for at least 30 years. They usually had 2 operators, 1 for delimbing & 1 for either cutting or shearing. "Piece of advice" I've never seen anyone upgrade after owning one of these. It's kind of like the Ponsse curse. It will either make you rich or destroy you within 2 yrs.

Gary_C

Quote from: barbender on July 09, 2010, 09:45:25 PM
Maybe Gary C was driving it  :)

Naw, if it was me, I'd have got all the wheels under water. No sense in going in part way.

Something like this:

Quote from: deutz4 on July 10, 2010, 01:09:24 AM
It's kind of like the Ponsse curse. It will either make you rich or destroy you within 2 yrs.

What's this all about?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

OneWithWood

Nice parking job, Gary!

Makes it easy to get in and out of  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bobus2003

Holy crap.. I think ya may have found some thin ice

Ron Scott

John Deere 440B Cable Skidder. This small skidder is used to pull tree lengths from steep hill sides and wet areas not accessable by the iron mule forwarder in the short wood harvest operation. Schirmer hardwood sale, 3/10.

~Ron

Gary_C

Ow Ron, that was a shock. I wasn't ready for that picture with the white stuff in August and I'll probably see to much of that this winter as I have a lot of jobs to finish by spring.

Don't even want to think about it now.  :) :)

Ron Scott

With the heat and high humidity here lately, the "white stuff" looks good. At least for the wood's work.  ;)
~Ron

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ron Scott

New Product. A local Amish sawmill is now cutting red pine into these cants which are sold to a buyer to be cut into fencing slats.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Cedar Stumps. The Amish are very good in wood utilization. These cedar stumps will be used for table basis in there table making shop at their sawmill.

~Ron

Norm

Those are cool Ron, do you know how they get them so clean? Pressure washer maybe?

Ron Scott

~Ron

barbender

The Pettibone 501 Master Mountain Goat Speed Skidder, what a name, eh? Picked it up last winter.

Too many irons in the fire

Ron Scott

Western Star Wood Hauler. Loading out pulpwood on the single lead only. The "pup trailer" is not being used due the long, sandy, and hilly seasonal access road. Schirmer hardwood sale, 10/10.

~Ron

Ron Scott

1270D Timberjack Harvester. Harvesting Red Pine in the Manistee National Forest, 9/10

~Ron

Gary_C

That looks like a nice job compared to the ones I get here in MN. This is what I get.

How was your job set up? Row thin, logger select to some DBH, or marked sale? Got any more?  :D

Ron Scott

Row thinned every 3rd row and selectively marked in between rows to 90-120 sq. ft basal area. This stand was in a real need of thinning. Yes, the Huron-Manistee NF's have a lot of red pine stands like this in need of their first and second thinnings. The Superior and Chippewa NF's in your area should have similar stands. Many are from the successful reforestation efforts of the CCC's. 
~Ron

Ron Scott

1010D John Deere Forwarder. The 1010D forwarder supports the 1270D Timberjack processor. Manistee NF red pine harvest, 9/10.

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!