iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedar Eater

The logger on my red oak sawlog sale works alone except for his log dog.

Cedar Eater

Ron Scott

Pulp Hauler. Getting underway on snow covered access road. Note that there is no "pup" trailer due to the tight turn around at the landing, heavy snow, and the first day of the "frost law" in effect. A. Jaynes timber harvest; 3/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

More Wood Hauler Names Noted On the Road

"Wild Man"
"Lone Wolf"
"Night Ware"
"Move It"

~Ron

Ron Scott

Pulpwood Hauler. Heads out from the landing with a "pay load" of hardwood pulp. A. Jaynes timber harvest 3/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Bucking White Oak Sawlogs. This faller uses a 395XP Husky.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Fueling the Husky. Fueling is needed to continue bucking the white oak into sawlogs to be forwarded to the log landing. The sawyer earns his pay.

Piotrowski timber harvest; 4/03.

~Ron

Cedar Eater

Old TreeFarmer Forwarder: The logger on my red oak sawlog sale uses this old beast like it was attached from birth.

Cedar Eater
Cedar Eater

Rob

C.E,

Forwarders from what I see are a great way to keep from tearing up the land compared to tree length skidding but I have'nt really seen many forwarders out this way in NH mostly just skidders.That is a nice old TreeFarmer though I sometimes wish I had one for some of the work I do.

Later Rob.

Ron Scott

Valmet 544X Forwarder. Loading white oak sawlogs for forwarding from the cutting area to the landing. Piotrowski timber harvest, 4/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Wood Hauler Names Noted on recent trip across U.P.

"Ahloa"
"Best Buy"
"Taz Toy"
"Bear Paw"
"Wood-n-Nickle"
"Big Guy"
"Daddy"
~Ron

Ron Scott

A Log Hauler's Mud Flaps. Wheeler's Wolf Lake Sawmill Log Hauler; 4/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Faller Delimbing Large White Oak Tree. Before bucking it into the desired sawlog lengths. Piotrowski timber harvest 4/03.

~Ron

Rob

Ron,

Nice pics as always,those mud flaps look familar the Northeastern Loggers' Association sells something like those to it's members..That is a very nice White Oak  the faller is delimbing..

Rob.

Ron Scott

"Lumber Jill" Trims Limbs with Chain Saw. On harvested white oak tree. Slash is cut low and "looped and scattered" for aesthetics. "Lumber Jill" team works with her husband on the timber harvest work. Piotrowski timber harvest 4/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder. Working in an oak thinning. Witte timber harvest 4/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Northern Hardwood Thinning. A. Jaynes timber harvest; 4/03.

~Ron

Rob

Ron,

Looks like another excellent job very nice timber stand,keep on improving the woodlands your doing a great job.

Rob.

Ron Scott

Wood Hauler names noted "on the road" during recent U.P. trip.

"Stretch"
"Country Boy"
"Boo"
"Doc"
"Spud"
"Knucklehead"
"PaPa Toad"

~Ron

Ron Scott

Chaining Down the Load. Oak sawlogs ready for hauling to Wheelers' Wolf Lake Sawmill. Piotrowski timber harvest 4/03.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Safety Signing. Logging operations often need to sign their accerss roads for public safety. Brown/Krantz timber harvest 5/03.

~Ron

Jeff

Ron,
Where can those signs be purchased and how much are they?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Scott

Jeff,

They can be purchased at any of the sign companies or made up yourself. I'm not sure on price as there are different sizes etc.

This particular signing is used by Cook's Forest Products, Inc. down your way and placed by Jake Smith's step son who is running the operation for Cooks. Have Jake check for their source of the signs. It may be locally there somewhere.

Also, ask Jake if he looked at the Sweet timber sale there off Maple Grove Road in Farwell. Have him give me a call since its in his neighborhood. It may be a good Billsby/ Cooks operation since it has sawlogs, pulpwood, chipping, clear cutting, selection marking etc.

~Ron

Jeff

I never thought, I'll bet they have them at Running Gears. Miller's logging Store. Its right acrossthe highway from Cooks Log yard there off of Mansiding rd and 127
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ed_K

Jeff, check out the Forest Resourses Association, web site.
 They have some kool signage.
 Ed K
Ed K

Ron Scott

Hydro-Ax 511B with Boom Processor. Thinning a red pine plantation. Krantz red pine harvest; 5/03.

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!