iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Timbco Back On Firm Ground. It now needs to be taken in for a "steam cleaning". Harris Hardwood Sale; December 2002.

~Ron

Rob

Ron it's good to see you guys got the processor un stuck,your right it looks like it could use a bath  ::)

Later Rob.

chet

Ron do you happen to know if that Timbco was put together in Iron River. It looks like one of the models they build at the Lakeshore Plant.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ron Scott

Chet,

I don't know if this one was an Iron River product. It is owned by Sam Fahl, Fahl Forest Products, Mancelona. I never did get a "clean" look at it as it was already "sunk" when I came on the job.

I'll check the Timbcos out closer in the future to see if they're from Iron River though.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 380B Grapple Skidder Harris Hardwood Sale; December 2002.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 1010B Double Bunk Forwarder Harris Hardwood Sale; December 2002.

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 540C Cable Skidder. Used for logging the hillside terrain on the Harris Hardwood Sale; December 2002.

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 540C Cable Skidder. Rolls down hillside skid trail to remove selectively marked sawlog and pulpwood trees.

The hillside skid trail was waterbarred with round wood and slash upon completion to prevent any possible future erosion.
Harris Hardwood Sale; December 2002.

~Ron

Rob

Nice work Ron I see it's kinda muddy out your way also..

Ron Scott

Falling and Bucking Black Oak Sawlogs The cutter uses a Husky 395XP chainsaw. Kendziorski Hardwood Sale; December 2002.

~Ron

Ron Scott

More wood hauler truck names noted in my travels.

"Blue Ox"
"Patchwork"
"Spud" (Again)
"Dog Train"
"Boo"
"Polar"
~Ron

Ron Scott

An informal survey of the number of wood hauler semi's traveling Michigan highways was made during a recent trip from Cadillac, Michigan to Iron River, Michigan to Hancock, Michigan and return.

Miles Traveled: 974 miles
Number of Days enroute: 3 days
Number of Wood Haulers counted enroute: 82 semi's

Results:
1 log hauler /11.9 miles of highway
27 log haulers per day on highways

A good way to pass the time; "counting logging trucks" and observing their "handles".

~Ron

Bro. Noble

Ron,

I'm with you , but I doubt it'll ever replace "a hunnart boddles uf beer on da wall"

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Scott

hawby

There has just got to be one heck of a story to go with this picture!!! :o

Sure would like to hear it. This guy had a badder day than I did today ;D

klh
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Ron Scott

Yes, lets hear more. More pictures also??
~Ron

Scott

Unfortunatly i don't know the story. I found them on a local university site. I'll email them and see if anyone knows anything.

This one isn't as bad.

Ron Scott

Is this a road building job, pipeline construction, or a timber harvest??
~Ron

Scott

Scott

Ron, i found it on the university's forestry section so i assume it was a logging road they were building. I have no clue why the guy drove on the pond or whatever he's on.

Scott

Tillaway

John Deere 740 Skidgine.  900 gallon water capacity, 300 gallon foam tank, front water monitor, full plumbing of a conventional fire engine and an angle blade.

A new life for an old skidder.  This is a fully functional fire engine that saw service in Colorado and other fires during the summer of 2002.  It's back at the shop for upgrades.  

Fire fighting is has always been a side business for western logging contractors.  Some take it more seriously than others.

We have the Firetrack here as well.  It is owned by another contractor.  It is a converted Army missile carrier that now sports a blade,  fire engine capabilies and a flame thrower for back fires and slash burns.

Fornt view of monitor.

A $8000 dollar addition.

The controls, notice the joystick in the upper right corner.  This is used to control the monitors spray direction and foaming capabilty.  The foam is used to prevent structures from ignition during wild fires.

Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Mark M

Hi Scott

What is that thing? Looks like at cross between a Treefarmer and an IHC Quadratrack farm tracktor with heavy duty tracks. I'll bet it really pulls!

Mark

Scott

It must be a custom kit. I've only saw 2 pictures of such machines on the web and both were from Canada. i think the base machine is a Timberjack 480B or C.

Make: Timberjack
Model: 480 4-track
Year:  
Price: $$30,000.00 CD
Condition: good
Hours: 6955
Serial: CK2316
Description: D5H running gear, winch and grapple U/C good condition; Cummins 6BT motor; 11'8" wide weight 53000 lbs. steep slope skidder

Scott

Thank You Sponsors!