iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Pender

Then, in order to log your own land you have to put a plan together that is put together by a certified foresters that certain fees and reg. that he must file and pay for?  This could or will cost you several thousands of dollars?  I see in the future that Oregon woodland owners will be falling into this trap?! :'( :-[
Frank Pender

Ron Scott

Valmet 544X Forwarder. It comes over the hill on the skid road to pick up another load on the Five Oaks Hunt Club timber harvest.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Valmet 544X Forwarder. Loads oak sawlogs for transport to the landing. Five Oaks Hunt Club Timber Harvest.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Valmet 544X Forwarder. Carries load of oak to the landing. Five Oaks Hunt Club timber Harvest.

~Ron

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ron Scott

It's a small private hunt club southeast of Manton, MI and north of Long Lake neighboring State forest land. Cabin and property is owned by 3 brothers and associates from Novi, Dearborn, MI area.

They contract ARC Consulting Services for their land & resource management planning, timber harvests etc.

Another such hunt club I work with is Circle V Hunt Club up on Wheeler Creek north of the Manistee river east of Sherman, Mi and south of Traverse City, MI. It also neighbors State forest land. Such clubs have a lot of huntable acres with the public use of adjoining State forest lands.

The Circle V Hunt Club won the Wexford County Conservationist of the Year award a few years ago due to their land and resource management planning and projects.

~Ron

StIhL_MaGnUm_1

Ron,

You got any new pics of any harvest's??

Ron Scott

Not right now. Should have some more soon; didn't want to bore you. Hopefully others will post some. I would like to see some from other parts of the country.
~Ron

StIhL_MaGnUm_1

Bro. Noble

Boy I wish I had a digital camera !
Several posts ago Ron showed a picture of a logging road blocked by two large rocks.  About 6 miles north of us there is a logging road closed the same way.  The rocks are about belly button high.  Yesterday morning we went by there and there was an old junky looking 4WD pickup with big tires balanced on top of the rocks.  I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

Was he balanced on his wheels or his rocker panels?  It makes a big difference. :D

If he was on his wheels, it is a great sign of defiance. ::)
If he was on his rocker panels it was a sign of defeat ??? ;D :D

Bro. Noble

All four tires were in the air.  I thought maybe the landowner had put it there to be funny, but it was gone this morning.  I'll bet someone was wearing a real sheepish look.

Noble

DanG

Noble, you don't have to spend a lot of money to own a digital camera. Go to  Walmart and look for a Vivitar "Vivicam 10."  It is a point and shoot digital camera that sells for under $50. Comes with all the software you need, and takes some pretty nifty pictures.  If I wasn't so lazy, I'd learn how to post pics and show you some samples.

BTW, it isn't displayed with the fancy cameras. It comes on a bubble wrap card and you will find it over with the Instamatic type rigs.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

DanG, I appreciate that info.

Now all I need is a new computer that can handle the pictures.  I see one advertised on TV for about $700 with all the bells and whistles I would need.
We visited our kids at college this weekend.  Our son is working on a PHD in math and teaches a couple of classes.  He had a little work that had to be done at his office so I went along to check the forum.  Their computers were so much faster than this one it was unreal.  The moniter was about one inch thick.  There was a plug-in on the keyboard to hook the digital camera direct.  I WANT ONE !!

Noble

Ron Scott

Stihl,

Excellent pictures and some impressive equipment. I note that you are usually chained up or have tracks on the rubber tires. Do you run this way all the time in New Hampshire or can you run straight rubber?
~Ron

StIhL_MaGnUm_1

Ron,

I don't always run chains on my equipment,but one of the skidders always has a set on it at all times,and my other skidder usually just runs on the rubber,New Hampshire is strange in some spots you really have to run chains and other's you don't it all depends on where I'am,one thing I know is it's no fun to take them on and off all the time :-[.

Later Rob....

GarryW

Here is the set up at woodman's place. (he made me do this!)

garry
Garry

Ron Scott

Truck Names

Some log hauler truck names noted in route while crossing the U.P. to Iron River and up to Hancock, MI the past few days were:

"Broke Again"

"Double Vision"

"Spud"
~Ron

Steve

Here are a couple for ya!

These were both in Ketchikan, Alaska years ago.

"Hardly Able" logging company. It was his real parent given name.

"Preporation H" Pile driving company. They put in docks and such.

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

DanG

Haven't seen too many "creative" names on log trucks, around here, but there was a small paving company, a few years back, that was owned and operated entirely by women. They called it T&A Construction Co. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WV_hillbilly

There is a small 3 man home building company down here called  Close Enough Construction .   The name alone would give me doubts about even having them build me a dog house.  

Hillbilly

Tom

I like AFAB Construction.  Anything For A Buck  :D

Steve

A friend of mine used to have this sign over his shop door.

"We screw the other guy and pass the savings on to YOU!!"
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Bro. Noble

Back in the 60's the favorite stock car driver in Springfield Mo. was Lester Friebe.  He drove a purple Buic.  Lester had a garbage route in Springfield.  His purple trucks had a sign on the side "Satisfaction guaranteed or double your garbage back"

Noble

DanG

A couple of signs, seen locally:

On a local radiator shop:  "A great place to take a leak."

On the back of a portable toilet truck:  "Do your business with us."

I won't even mention what was on the truck of a local butcher's shop.  :D :D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!