iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Some big timber tracts are regularly needed to support their ownership. ;)
~Ron

JLeBouton

https://youtu.be/uKgsLaGyPgA

Video taken this week of a JP Skidmore CF-22 cutting in Lower Michigan.

snowstorm

some would say pine limbs easy it dosent. the pasture pine you have dosent look much different than what we have here

Ron Scott

~Ron

barbender

I got a new office today😊

2017 fresh off the boat Ponsse Buffalo King. Actually, we've had it for almost two weeks but just finally got it out in the woods today. Between some service on my prior machine and setting up the computer etc. on the new one, I only got about 40 cords out with it today. I'm loving it, here's to a hundred cords tomorrow!😁

Working view-

Driving view, yes that is an oven on the right of the console, in case I want to make cookies or something😂

Finally, two of Ponsse's technicians from the local Grand Rapids, MN shop. We had to replace the rotator on my old machine, I just took this picture for the scale of these SG420 grapples we've started running. I talked the boss into trying one this winter, I liked it a bunch so we got the same one on the new machine. They are quite large, as you can see😊

Too many irons in the fire

lopet

Quote from: barbender on June 22, 2017, 10:09:45 PM
I got a new office today😊

Again ?  :o   And with a oven, I am so jealous  8)

Now you better make your boss some money !
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

1270d

Gary_C

Nice new wheels! I suppose you have an assistant to run the oven, coffee machine and computer?  Did it come with a new hat too or did the boss keep the hat?  :D

If you are going to be picking up 100 cords tomorrow, I guess you will have to miss the big show and dinner at Crandon tomorrow. You got a better deal than a dinner anyway. Dinners don't last as long as that new machine will.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

barbender

Nope, Gary, I won't be making it to Crandon. I can probably bring one of my kids to tend to the oven, etc. and I got 2 hats- I was wearing a John Deere hat today, the Ponsse guys made me forfeit it for an extra Ponsse hat😁

Gary_C

You are going to be tired tonight if you do pick up 100 cords of that peckerwood like I see in the bunk in one picture. Looks a little like Birch but not sure.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

barbender

100 cords a day of birch would be miserable, but this sale is 85% aspen. I ended up having to go to town for 3 1/2 hours, so only 70 cords today. I'm really loving this new machine. It's an improvement in every area, not a night and day difference but across the board. A little smoother, a little more powerful, a little faster hydraulics, a little quieter, and on and on I could go.

newoodguy78

That's an impressive piece of iron for sure. Glad that you like it.
Is that really an oven? Or did you just get one over on me? :D

barbender

Well, I haven't tried it out yet, but yes. It has a switch on it to either heat or cool, I'll try to give a review in the future😊

1270d

The grey box won't cook anything barbender.   It will keep cold stuff cold or warm stuff warm though.   I took mine out after not too long.   There is an actual oven option though.   It is a lot smaller, little black box.   

barbender

It has the little black box, too ;) My Grandad cut pulp with horses, he said 3 cords was a good day for one man. It's incredible to me how hard people had it not that long ago (or right now, in other areas of the world) and how spoiled I am, spending my days in luxury.

coxy

good luck with it     do you feel any older  ;D

barbender

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

barbender

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ken

So you want to be a logger.  It will be fun they said. 
Haven't seen this thread in a couple weeks so thought I would add a couple pictures from today.  Of course the big d-link hook on the harvester was buried in the mud so had to dig it out before we hook the forwarder onto it.  Actually came out pretty easy after we jammed a bunch of studwood under the tracks. 

Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

I have a wet hole like that on my land.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

after all this rain ill have a 200a mud hole  ;D

barbender

g_man

Thank You Sponsors!