iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexHart

What a nice view that's making.   I guess if you can look out there while eating lunch that would count as a fringe benefit.  :) 

BargeMonkey

Always nice to have a good view on a job, that is nice looking country.

BargeMonkey

Still on the same job, slow progress and waiting out log prices. 

I knew one of these days I would get the pleasure of working on that boom chain, didn't realize it broke till it spit the whole thing out the back. Miserable job getting it back together. 

Maintenance.  :D  dust is so bad everything needed a bath again. We have 2 water wagons and the little one works great for the washer. 

The guy didn't have a big enough excavator.  :D basically shut down cutting wood and driving truck when I'm home lately.

coxy

barge we had a 400 in the blue stone quarry one time that thing was a monster   the one so called operator ripped the bucket to shreds trying to get the top rock off the boss just smiled and said they better get another bucket here asap   about 8-9 years ago I was some place over by Tannersville and they where doing some digging in the river from a flood I think    I saw the biggest excavator I ever saw in person that thing was huge it had double dipper rams and doudle jib boom rams  one track looked to be about 4ft wide 

BargeMonkey

That's a new 490 Komatsu with all the emissions crap, eats 100gal a day on economy mode in 6hrs just loading trucks. The tunnel they are digging is something to see, they lower a 135 kobelco zero in to load the rock pail and it looks like an ant. When we where doing the mass excavation part of it they had a new 375E Cat with a 5yd pail, they had 10-12 trucks hauling to keep up. I remember when a 690-790 was a big machine. It's nice work down there but the rock is rough, just lined another box last weekend with 450 hardox. Your "buddy" still have that limber he dragged down from Maine ?

coxy

danbuendgen

Quote from: BargeMonkey on August 25, 2016, 12:52:35 AM
eats 100gal a day on economy mode in 6hrs just loading trucks.

100 gallons?????? What is the EPA thinking? Sure it burns cleaner, but an older would not burn half that!
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Loghauler86

Exactly, with the piles of empty DEF containers around and all the extra resources used to make these ridiculous emissions systems. There probably is no environmental benefit at the end of the day.

Puffergas

The good news is that John Deere has fire extinguisher port holes all over the engine compartment.. 😉

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

danbuendgen

Quote from: Loghauler86 on August 25, 2016, 09:28:57 PM
Exactly, with the piles of empty DEF containers around and all the extra resources used to make these ridiculous emissions systems. There probably is no environmental benefit at the end of the day.

Burning 3x more fuel to get the same job done, is not worth it. I don't care how clean it burns. Now we just hand over 3x more money to the oil company's in stead of keeping it. Seems to me the oil company's probably paid the EPA to do all this emission stuff to so they can make more money. Don't get me wrong, I believe pollution is bad, but honestly I have been doing a lot of research on "climate change" and I do not believe it's man made...
If interested watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1xMuE9brkc

Bandmill Bandit

The universe we live in is a NET ZERO SYSTEM. NO one is EVER gona change that!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

danbuendgen

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on August 26, 2016, 08:53:12 AM

What do you mean by NET ZERO?

Puffergas

No finer a view than from the cockpit of Timberjack One.

Jeff

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

g_man

That is a good view. You have nice trees - I have nice rocks  :D
Maybe we need a view from the cockpit thread.

gg

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: danbuendgen on August 26, 2016, 04:00:16 PM
Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on August 26, 2016, 08:53:12 AM

What do you mean by NET ZERO?

in the grand sceme/system(s) of the universe, ALL inputs are equal to ALL universal outputs. It is a zero sum game. NO exceptions. No environmental policy is, by any well meaning bone head, that is to dense too understand that fact, is EVER going to change it.

Only humans are capable of believing that they are, at best,  greater than this universal fact and worst equal to it, not realizing that they are indeed only a minuscule part of it. The rest of the creatures and living things know this within their being.

It is tantamount to a creature pushing the wet rope of life and pulling the aluminum chain of death at the same  time. The end result is ultimately death to the human in the middle at about the same time he realizes that the NET result of the action he is attempting to establish is about to balance out at a ZERO.       
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

coxy

Quote from: g_man on September 06, 2016, 07:42:20 AM

gg
if you could get them rocks to NY I know a guy that will buy them for trout habitat for the rivers they look like the right size  :) :)

Puffergas

gg

G_man, I like that tread idea and I could use a lot of those nice rocks. We have some but nothing like that. How about a rock thread. ðÃ...¸ËÅ"ââ,¬Â°
Jeff

Puffergas

Hmmmm, my smiley faces don't work any more. 😥
Jeff

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dustintheblood

Ha ha ha !!!!

That looks like our back pasture last year about two hours after my wife warned me not to wreck it!! 

"You better fill the holes afterwards!" she said

"But I'm sick of sharpening the mower" I said

"Fill them" she said

"Yes dear" I said

There's still holes
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

coxy

Quote from: Puffergas on September 06, 2016, 09:25:55 PM
gg

G_man, I like that tread idea and I could use a lot of those nice rocks. We have some but nothing like that. How about a rock thread. ðÃ...¸ËÅ"ââ,¬Â°
they hacked your smiley faces  :D :) ;D

Ken

It's not always fun and games.  This was the first thing project last Monday.  Operator backed up on the large hemlock stump while swinging the boom to the side.  First time I've had to deal with that project.  Looks much worse than it was.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

I've came close to that a few times, Ken. Hasn't happened yet, but I know any day it could be me- I have seen daylight under the bogies more than once :o
Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

Last winter I got a phone call to come help with the same situation. My boss/forwarder operator was trying to swing and drive and did the same thing.

barbender

It looks like both machines were empty?
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!