iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

It's good that you had a project already planned for their use. Continue the pictures of their use in the barn construction.
~Ron

thecfarm

That mill seems to be getting longer every time I see it.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

It's probably done growing. For now. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Straightgrain

Quote from: Dave Shepard on October 28, 2015, 01:36:18 PM
Ron, they are being cut into 10" x10" and 12" x12". They are for a barn we are building at work. We got three cut this morning before it started to pour. About an hour each with two of us working.

Nice looking beam.....beautiful actually.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

SFires

Brush mower  chipping up some brush
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

Mountaynman

Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

Ron Scott

~Ron

thecfarm

Another thread got started and I see postings in that one about what are you currectly cutting. This thread is a great one,because it's all in one long thread. A nice way to see how others get the wood out in other states. Love those MI trucks!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Puffergas

Nice to see this back for 2016, I always enjoyed this thread or what ever the technical name is.. 😊
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

jwilly3879

This is a short video of our stuff. I'm in the loader and it's throttled down some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL0FCQ7QcGQ

coxy

wish my landing was frozen like that  ;D

jwilly3879

That's 2 years ago. We haven't worked in 3 weeks, JR messed up his back working as a carpenter while the 540 he runs was broken down. He has been out of work for almost 2 weeks.

coxy

that stinks  hope he starts felling better  I know all about back trouble they want to do another surgery on me and I wont do it till I cant move anymore

concretecutter

g_man

Using a small tractor and winch to remove the fir from around some larger white pine.

gg

lopet

So   the large pine stays, or you're just making room to drop her ?
What is it going to be used for ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

g_man

The good pine stays. The worst junk I cut which I am lucky to get a log out of. The rest goes to the neighbor OWB or lays and rots.

The fir goes to a saw mill 7 miles away for spruce/fir lumber. Here is an old picture of a typical load.

Most has stump rot which is another reason I am cutting it.

gg

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gary_C

Here are two pictures from the Ponsse 2016 calendar. Both pictures are from Europe and I think the first is from Italy. Not a place for timid drivers.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Ron Scott

Not for the timid for sure and some experience required, ;) 
~Ron

1270d

1270d

from the cab in the same location.   The buncher almost took a little ride over the edge in a different spot, quite a bit lower down.  Something about steel tracks and rock not providing much traction...

Ed_K

Ed K

thecfarm

Putting a lot of faith into a piece of machinery.

Thank You Sponsors!