iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Scott

Timberjack 360 Grapple Skidder. Identical Timberjack Skidder Used  to drag tops for chipping on recent clear-cut operation in Lower Michigan.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder. Sorting Oak Logs for Billsby Sawmill.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder. Decking Aspen.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder Assisting Sawyer. Falling trees in a sensitive roadside area may require teamwork.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack 230A Forwarder Insures Fall Direction

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 750 BLT Crawler. Clearing access road and landing for site clearing timber sale. Clearing site for new Clam Lake Township Administrative site. Red pine and hardwoods removal.

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 750 BLT Crawler. Working the landing for incoming haulers. Note all wood products being utilized including topwood ready for chipping.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Hydro-Ax 511E. Working a site clearing timber harvest.

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 548 G Grapple Skidder. For tree length skidding on site clearing timber harvest.

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 548 G Grapple Skidder. Skidding Tree Lengths to the Landing.

~Ron

Ron Scott

John Deere 548 G Grapple Skidder & Operator. The operator carries a "Husky" chainsaw for top trimming tree lengths as necessary enroute to the Processor at the landing.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Serco 170-A Processor. Processes total tree lengths into the various forest products.

~Ron

Paul_H

Ron, is that a cut off saw buried under the brush?I can't tell if it's attached to the loader or part of it.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Ron Scott

Paul_H

Yes, that's a cut-off saw cutting off various products up to a 4" top. It's an all one unit processor trailered in to the work site.

The clam loader picks up the wood in tree length, lays it down for the cut-off saw to process the various length products to a 4" top and then picks it up to be placed in the product pile, sawlogs, bolts, pulpwood etc. Whatever is being markedted at the time.

The clam loader then picks up the remaining top wood and places it in a seperate pile for later chipping.

The wood chips are then blown into a chip-van and hauled to the local cogen plant for wood fuel.

This is a total wood utilization operation.

See following photo also.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Serco 170-A Processor & Cut-Off Saw

~Ron

Ron Scott

Trelan 23L Chipper. Bringing the Chipper in.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Timberjack Skidder Assists the Chipper. The skidders are often used as "pushers" when needed.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Trelan 23L Chipper. Getting set in place for the chipping operation.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Trelan 23L Wood Chipper. Getting ready to chip red pine tops piled from processing operation.

~Ron

Paul_H

Ron,
Do you carry a video camera?Any chance to see it as "sawmills in action"?It looks like a real tree eater!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Ron Scott

No I don't have a video camera. I just carry a simple Ricoh 35 mm with 400 film and a $25.00 backup Kodak when that fails. I'm not too high tech.

That Chipper does eat up the trees and spits them out.
~Ron

Ron Scott

Trelan 23L Chipper Blowing Chips. Some excess chips at the end of the operation are blown out to mulch and stabilize the landing before closure.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Kenworth & "Pup". Loading out pulpwood from the landing.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Kenworth Starting to Roll. Loaded with pulpwood.

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!