iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightgrain

I needed my thingamajig today, this 28" x 21 foot log was so heavy, a block was needed to move it up the hill and onto the loading pad.

Once the winch settled-in, the tractor stayed-put, and the log moved fairly easy.

"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

mad murdock

Some tight rings on that fir! Will make some real nice boards.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Straightgrain

Yesser, it was a heavy bugger; the 32" bar was "beaver-tailing" at the hinge.

Here is a look at the stump, while standing on the butt.

"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

JLeBouton

Quick vid of a Barko 240 running a Skidmore CF-18 in some mixed hardwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5wyY_G1jec&feature=youtu.be

snowstorm

Quote from: FABTEK on May 25, 2015, 05:00:37 PM
https://youtu.be/i5wyY_G1jec
looks like it works real well. i was hoping to see one at the bangor show..there wasnt any

JLeBouton

First look at the new machine.

Ron Scott

~Ron

lumbertick

Fabtek what head does that machine have on it

JLeBouton

so il logger

BargeMonkey

It looks pretty but the payment and woodpile it has to cut to keep afloat scare me.  :D

so il logger

Quote from: BargeMonkey on May 27, 2015, 02:32:46 AM
It looks pretty but the payment and woodpile it has to cut to keep afloat scare me.  :D

X3  :D

Ken

Quote from: lumbertick on May 26, 2015, 07:56:14 PM
Fabtek what head does that machine have on it

I would say it is a Waratah 622B.  John Deere completely redesigned their harvesting carriers and skidders and that is a pic of the new 803 JD.  The local dealer is having a Open House next week to showcase the new machines.  I may go for a burger but my buying days are over for a while.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

g_man

Spring grading the haul road/drive this weekend with my tractor, rear blade, and homemade grading scraper

gg

lopet

Nice work and good job on the box grader. smiley_thumbsup
Did you use 1/4 " thick on the sides and rear ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

g_man

Thanks.  3/8" mild steel plate. 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 X 1/4 sq tube.

gg

thecfarm

Looks like some mighty fine road material you have there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jwilly3879

Just saw this on Vermont CL. Looks neat. Gearmatic 9 doesn't work.

Anyone know about them?

Maine logger88

I have never seen one before even a pic before just now but my grandfather always talks about an international track skidder that my great uncle had back in the late 60s I'll ask him about it again and get some info. I know he hauled wood for him back then. Thanks for sharing the pic I've always been curious what they looked like!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Woodhauler

Quote from: jwilly3879 on June 08, 2015, 09:20:03 PM
Just saw this on Vermont CL. Looks neat. Gearmatic 9 doesn't work.

Anyone know about them?
I can tell you all  about them!! Ran on from when I was in 3rd grade up till high school! Di d this every school vacation! Dad bought it brand new, had a diesel motor. Pulled lots of wood, tracks was a bear once you lost one off. Had to use the winch to pull it back on.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

so il logger

What was the process to put the track back on using the winch? I am just wondering how in the world a guy could pull it off, I have done it on a dozer but that is a different animal

Woodhauler

Quote from: so il logger on June 09, 2015, 02:19:14 AM
What was the process to put the track back on using the winch? I am just wondering how in the world a guy could pull it off, I have done it on a dozer but that is a different animal
I would lose one off a couple times a month, man handle it so its back under the front wheel and middle wheel and over the top as much as possible then hook winch into top and winch tight and back up slow. Man this brings back memorys! Would like to have on for old timesake!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

g_man

Quote from: thecfarm on June 08, 2015, 09:13:39 PM
Looks like some mighty fine road material you have there.

The road is about 20 years old. Actually it is just the natural dirt and 3/4" crushed rock I put in the mud holes little by little the first 3 or 4 years. Now it packs hard and stays pretty good.

so il logger

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 09, 2015, 05:38:06 AM
Quote from: so il logger on June 09, 2015, 02:19:14 AM
I would lose one off a couple times a month, man handle it so its back under the front wheel and middle wheel and over the top as much as possible then hook winch into top and winch tight and back up slow. Man this brings back memorys! Would like to have on for old timesake!
That makes sense, I bet it was a workout though  :)

47sawdust

g man,
That grader/scraper is a nice piece of work.Good job.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!