iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

Shickshinny pa mixed hardwood 2014.

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ga jones

the shickshinny tract. Large red oak. (Truck is used off road for forwarding purposes)
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

so il logger

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

Barbender my forwarder guy got himself stuck again today. I hopped in and tried the frame lock override with the boom swung over to the side and I was able to walk it right out. Thanks for the tip.

barbender

Cool! I'm glad it worked for you, it's got me out of quite a few pinches ;)

coxy

Quote from: Ron Scott on February 20, 2015, 01:22:08 PM
Coxy,
This is a 209D Timberjack Cable Skidder, not a 290 as the operator was calling it. I checked the tag on it. Its an early vintage machine and still going strong.

im all about old iron she is a dandy ;D the nice part of old iron is just about every penny is profit  :)  is the steering on the dash or over on the right hand side where the batteries are

affordabletreesd

I'm looking at buying one like this how do you like it

Ron Scott

The sawmill owner must like it since he has been running it as his primary and only cable skidder for the past 20 years that I know of. He just overhauled it last summer. I'll check the steering location on it for sure my next time on the job.
~Ron

Ron Scott

A cold morning at the landing. The loggers aren't working today with the equipment parked waiting a warmer morning start up. Dull/Kellogg timber harvest, 2/18/15

~Ron

coxy

ron your part of the country looks a bit like ours with the hills and valleys  good pics  ;D

Ron Scott

We are logging the property of two landowners who have their homes on neighboring hilltops for their landscapes view. This makes for some tricky operations planning.
One of the landowners hilltop homes. Dull/Kellogg timber harvest 2/18/15

Selection cutting in hill country hardwoods.

Forwarder trail route down hill terrain to one of the landings.

~Ron

coxy

Ron Scott

146.80 MBF and 97.10 Cords on 31 acres.
~Ron

barbender

Wake up Ponsses, there's daylight in the swamp ;)

snowstorm

leten daylight in to swamp. that saying came from maine. wayyyy back when

1270d

lumbertick

1270D Let's see a video of that scorpion working!

lopet

You'll be running out of trees soon. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Ron Scott

Coxy,

The steering lever on the 209 D Timberjack is a lever in the center of the machine. Serial # 779756

~Ron

Ron Scott

CTL Logging on a hilltop. Dull/Kellogg timber harvest, 3/15

~Ron

coxy

thanks ron on some of the other/older ones it was  on the side by the batteries  don't think I could get the hang of it  ;D

Ron Scott

CTL harvest on hilltop. The 209D Timberjack cable skidder pulls the cut tree lengths from the side slopes to the hilltop with its winch where they are cut to product lengths to be forwarded to the landing. Dull/Kellogg timber harvest, 3/15.

~Ron

Ken

Thanks for the pics Ron Scott.  I noticed the guys wearing chaps instead of safety pants.  Chaps are not very common around here.  Are they commonly worn in your area?  Beautiful tall hwd timber in your area. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

coxy

looks a little steep ;)  could you please send me that dead beech cut in 20in chunks and split 1 time in half  thanks  :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!