Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester_tree _farmah

That going to Chester Forest Products?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

It's going too Farmington chip plant who chips it for New Paige. I have sold some too Chester before it's been a few years tho. I believe they also chip for New Paige don't they?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

chester_tree _farmah

Not sure but they process a lot of hemlock. They buy studwood, tree length saw grade and pulp. Bit of a treck from down there but they list what they r paying in this New Brunswick price list.  The 8' pays decent but is labor intensive but u end up with a load of pulp from the tops if u cut enough.
  http://www.ysc.nb.ca/PRICELIST.html
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

Yeah there good guys too deal with it's just quite a hike up there is the only reason I don't sell them more. I cut most of my hemlock and pine pulp 8ft it's not bad if you push it up even and cut a bunch up at once. The lot I'm on now is ED Bessey land and they wanted it too go to Farmington so that's where we are sending it which is fine by me

BargeMonkey

I got digging thru the computer tonight and found some pictures i thought where gone, figured i would post them.  :D

Thats the beast i started out with, actually worked good. Was kind of a pain to move being so high and wide. Had an expandable under carriage if you wanted too. 

The day she went on the trailer down the road. I should have kept it and added a heal and grapple on it. Simple to work on. Had 1750hr original when i sold it. Had sat in a barn for 20yrs. 

Ive got a couple good Irene photos. That was my garage and backyard. Thank you FEMA for all your help.  :D  sore subject. 

My neighbors house. 

One of the better looking roads. 

Friend of mine wanted that oak butt for a table, he just got it finished and i have to get pictures.

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: Maine logger88 on November 11, 2014, 10:01:42 PM
Yeah there good guys too deal with it's just quite a hike up there is the only reason I don't sell them more. I cut most of my hemlock and pine pulp 8ft it's not bad if you push it up even and cut a bunch up at once. The lot I'm on now is ED Bessey land and they wanted it too go to Farmington so that's where we are sending it which is fine by me

Does he still have a log yard?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

That's a cool old machine bargemonkey! Do you have the pic of when the guy flipped it? Man that's bad! Was that a river by there house that was overflowing or just runoff that made a river?
Chester they have a yard in Ellsworth and a yard in Newport. The oak logs and HW pulp is going too the Newport yard. They also have some contracts at the mills and have a huge amount of land around the area

chester_tree _farmah

Yeah I heard about him and was looking for his Newport yard to compare some prices but it sounded like he had closed it. That was about a year ago. Sounds like HC Haynes up this way.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

BargeMonkey

Somewhere ive got a picture of the tracks pointed for the sky, have to find it. Took a 330C and 325C cat excavator's to stand her back up.
That was a tiny creek in back of the house. Used to be 100ft behind the garage. Got the garage. My house. Alot of people lost everything. I spent a few months in that forwarder picking up storm debris.
People that had nothing to start with collected big from fema, but if you had house insurance it became a blame game of who would do something. The town had just recently dumped a few 100yds of material over the bank which funneled the water towards me and the neighbor. I bought the house when i was 19, my parents didnt want me blowing my boat checks, after almost 2yrs of fighting and lawyers i calmly put the keys in the mail and walked away.  :(   

Maine logger88

No it's still going they actually just put in a new yard it's a lot nicer than there old one. I can pm you the # too the main office in hinkley if you ever want too get prices from them.
Wow that's terrible too lose your house like that. How long ago was that?

1270d

snowstorm

Maine logger88

Some nice looking stuff! How much snow do you have up there?

BargeMonkey

That is a nice looking picture. If you had to buy one would you stay away from a 6 wheeler and go 8 ? Is a 1010B to small for mt country ? My 230 just doesnt have the snot or stability for around here.

1270d

Quote from: snowstorm on November 13, 2014, 06:16:09 PM
Quote from: 1270d on November 13, 2014, 05:36:56 PM
Some decent pine

how is the ponsse working out? fill us in

its a real nice machine.  One of the best parts about it is being able to customize the controls however you like  There has to be a hundred different control options and you can put them on any button you like, in any order, at any time.  The leveling/stabilization system works very well.  Well enough you dont notice it working....ever.

Quote from: Maine logger88 on November 13, 2014, 06:28:05 PM

Some nice looking stuff! How much snow do you have up there?

Theres mayber 12 to 14 inches on the job. about 15 miles away in one of the snow belts 42 inches was recorded

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 13, 2014, 09:05:23 PM

That is a nice looking picture. If you had to buy one would you stay away from a 6 wheeler and go 8 ? Is a 1010B to small for mt country ? My 230 just doesnt have the snot or stability for around here.

If your only working harder ground a six wheel is great.  eight if you need the extra traction or flotation.  The 1010s are great forwarders.  There is a 1010d just out of the picture on the right, its been a real good machine with plenty of power.  The john deere powered ones have excellent power, cant speak to the other engines.

keen

It's been a while since I posted any picture. Here is a few of the cuts we did this year.

Some good size hard maple. Nice mature woods with no under brush to deal with.

Harvesting some ash for my amish neighbor. In my area the amish are not allowed to  use chainsaws so we do a lot of cutting for them. Sure was nice to get to the job site in less than a minute.

Laying out some strips of aspen. Trying to keep them lined up as good as possible so the forwarder can get loaded quick. The aspen on this job has been running around 50 cord of acre. Good production wood.

The old tree farmer earning its keep. The logs are cut at 7ft and sent to the local amish for pallet wood. Hoping to have processor marks on the logs soon. The wife said once I pay a few things off I can pull the trigger.

Dave Shepard

What are the long logs on the trailer for? Are they long just for convenience, or are they for a special product?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

keen

The long logs will be marked and bucked for veneer at the mill. Saves us some bucking and decision making.

CuddleBugFirewood

Keen. That's nice looking maple logs.   

keen

It was some nice timber. This is the landowner in the pic, retired detective heck of a nice guy. Nice woods with little under growth makes our job easy, wish I could stay in gravy patches like that all the time.

Maine logger88

lopet

Thanks for sharing.  Is that a Hood loader on that porter ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

coxy

if I had h maple like that my buyer would think I was cutting on the state  :D that looks like it should be a 5 dollar or more a foot log     is that ash or aspen in the saw pic  nice looking trees     thanks for sharing

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on November 17, 2014, 05:42:04 AM
if I had h maple like that my buyer would think I was cutting on the state  :D
Isnt that the truth. I know where some cherry sits on the state that would blow your mind. About 50 trees on top of the knob in a 2 acre spot. Smallest is maybe 28 dbh. Problem is its 3x the stump value and a fancy ankle bracelet.  ;)

eichenberg93

Some nice logs. Its always nice to cut with no Brush. How many cord can you get on the forwarder?

Thank You Sponsors!