iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

That's a really nice looking cleanup job, Bargemonkey!  What do you like about the G model dozers? My dozer experience is pretty limited, I'm just curious about the differences between the series.
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Yeah, off to the MT to finally get this woodlot wrapped up. Not where I wanna be.
That G dozer has a complete deere factory woods package, added weights in the front, just a nice machine. Im a powershift fan, the J's are single lever hydro, great for dirt work but im just not a fan with one in the woods.

eichenberg93

Moved onto a new job for a few weeks that has some nice white pine. Its pretty tight quarters so we dug out the old
the old forwarder Truck. Thought everyone was showing a picture of there forwarder loaded So here's ours ;D

barbender

Nice! What kind of old truck is that?
Too many irons in the fire

Reddog

eichenberg93

its is a FWD still has the original wakasha in it but does use quite a bit of oil  ;)

Maine logger88

Is the loader on it a F model prentice
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

chester_tree _farmah

Very cool FWD and that yard looks spiffy Barge Monkey.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

sawguy21

I like that truck, reminds me of the movie "Duel".
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BargeMonkey

I like seeing iron like that.  smiley_clapping   

eichenberg93

Quote from: Maine logger88 on November 08, 2014, 10:32:26 AM
Is the loader on it a F model prentice

I don't think its a F model. I have seen one before and its smaller. The boom is only 15ft long. It will still lift a good sized log... as long as the motor stays runnin :D

Maine logger88

Sent a couple loads today figured I'd snap a couple pics. First one is loading a load of oak tops a guy is buying for firewood.

And a load of logs.

eichenberg93

Nice load of logs. Just missing a few axles and a Pup Trailer for Michigan ;) How much can you scale on a setup like that?

Maine logger88

Thanks! Of oak legal only 3500 too 4000. Softwood probably 5000 I'm not 100 percent sure I'm not used too sending tri axle loads usually I cut trailer loads for my father and grandfather but there both busy doing earthwork

chester_tree _farmah

U r pretty darn close for not being sure. :-) Nice load. That truck bed looks longer than typical but maybe it is just the angle of the pic. R they all 8's?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

eichenberg93

Is that international Scale or Doyle? Whats the GVW of a Tri-axle in Maine?

snowstorm

Quote from: eichenberg93 on November 10, 2014, 07:21:22 PM
Is that international Scale or Doyle? Whats the GVW of a Tri-axle in Maine?
international rule....75900lbs

Maine logger88

It's 9's and 10's front and rear and 8's on sideways. It's a 26ft body!

thecfarm

Maine logger88,where are 8-9-10 load going and for what? Most places don't like many 8's. 9's is diffeant too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

Thats a nice load of wood, now we all know who's got the money around here.  ;)   unless im shipping to bailies or a buyer, the mill im dealing with wants nothing over 12' with trim now. Works out better for me. I like the idea of stacking the 8's sideways, my bunks just arent set up for it. Have you worn that Clark out yet ?

Maine logger88

They like oak and hardwood sawlogs 8' and 10' and veneer oak is 9' and 10' pine spruce and hemlock they don't like short tho.
No I haven't wore the Clark out yet but it is wearing me out lol

chester_tree _farmah

Yah da veneer they want 9'6 10'6 and 11'6 deer and da  high value HW day take 8 all da day long up in da nort here. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

Might as well post another pic I guess here's a load of hemlock from today.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Maine logger88 on November 11, 2014, 05:16:30 PM
Might as well post another pic I guess here's a load of hemlock from today.

Garys getting brave!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Maine logger88

Yeah it's a good size load but the hemlock on this lot hasn't been weighing up very heavy

Thank You Sponsors!