iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I'm happy for you getting married, but man getting bad news from the Doc is never good :( We'very had our fair share the last few years with my wife, the poor woman can't seem to catch a break. That is a beautiful picture of the two of you ;)
Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

Never good to get bad news :(. Wish you all the best.

This is about as much as I can heap this old girl up before I spend more time picking up fallen logs then getting wood to the landing.

BargeMonkey

Now thats a loaded forwarder    :D

Thanks guys, yeah its always something. She kept putting off her visit to the "female" doctor and when she went they found something, did 2x ultrasounds and then some tests, at 33 she is going for a full hysterectomy. Her insurance is so bad, they started giving her a hard time, I came home tues and she was in the chair crying, I said enough and called the town judge at 7pm. Did it today, all went well except for the rain.  :D

lopet

Wish you all the best and hope things  gonna turn to the good.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Ron Scott

Congratulations! and great pictures.
~Ron

barbender

BargeMonkey

Finally finished up the job, the cable skidder fits so much nicer, and what was left was scattered.

There wasnt a stick there last Monday. Thurs was a washout, couldnt haul any out because of the landowners yard. Truck it all out when I get back off the boat next week.

barbender

BM, that first picture is sure pretty! A nice skid and a nice background ;) The second picture, I see a family of beavers must have snuck in and built a lodge while you were out on the boat ;D

BargeMonkey

I had a few better ones but for some reason it wont load them. There is a large power line that runs thru our town, thats one of the flatter sections, about 1 mile from there is a gorge you cant walk into, I logged that off 2 winters ago, had to winch my 450G backwards to get up out, stump to stump.
Ive got a pet partridge on this job, comes within 1' of you all day long just being nosy, runs right up to the skidder, I hope he makes it. Pheasants everywhere, could have gotten 2x of them right off the skidder yesterday. Need to get moved off this job, the landowner is a pain in the @ss anyway, and he didnt quite understand the volume of wood he sold when this went to bid, so thats caused some tension, the forester had to come down, made for a few heated conversations. next guy who cuts this has some great wood, ive walked around 200+ cherry over 24" DBH.

barbender

I've heard of the tame partridge before, I've never had one follow me though. I must look to shifty :)

BargeMonkey

There he is. You cant get away from him. 

Try and truck the rest of the wood tomorrow, but cant get moved before I go back to the boat.

barbender

I want a pet partridge ;D How is it pronounced in New York? Part-tridge (MN pronunciation) Paht-ridge (Maine) or something in between?

WDH

Don't be "grousing" about how to pronounce it  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

barbender

thecfarm

Don't get your feathers all ruffled up about it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

Ya it's paht-ridge in Maine. But I just callem road chickens or dinner lol. But if I had one follow me around all day I wouldn't be able too eat it
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

dsgsr

Here in Maine their called Spruce Partridge. They have a little yellow in their feathers. They are protected buy the law (No shoot). I've had them peck at my feet when cutting firewood. they're just protecting their area. The closer you get to their nest the more aggressive they get.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

BargeMonkey

This one hasnt been aggressive, just nosy. Follows you about 100ft around the woodpile. The released about 100 pheasants right next door a few weeks ago, they are everywhere. Tried to get one with the log truck today.  ;)

barbender

We have spruce grouse here too, in addition to the ruffed grouse. Actually they are more common a bit farther north, in the big spruce swamps.

BargeMonkey

We have 2 flocks of turkeys on the farm, just wandering around. Its great, the elk attract everything, they think its "safe".  ;)
Got in the log truck at 0700 this morning, and trucked till dark. 8 loads today, and probably 3 tomorrow, get the loader yanked out, grade up and go. 

The picture kinda sucks, but theres 4 loads of pulp and 4 loads of saw logs sitting there. Truck the saw logs friday, needed to get out of this job before it gets wet again.

Thats what I got off this last job, and about 30 cord in another pile on the side. Been thru a pile like that already this year. I have 2.5 more just like it. My competition has basically no firewood put up. Im going to laugh myself to the bank come January.  :D

barbender

Maine logger88

luvmexfood

Never had any wild game come up except a doe and her two fawns last winter. Could come with in 30 ft of them turn the tractor and back-up to a log, get off and hook-up, then get back on and skid out. They just stood and watched me. If I were hunting then you would never see them.

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

BargeMonkey

Started in at 0700 again this morning, finished at dark just in time to get wet.  :D

Getting graded up. I will take that G series dozer over the J series dozers's we have any day of the week. 

We got that finished just as it started raining, im so glad to be done there. 

I got a suprise phone call when I got home, "be back to the boat by 0700" which screws up my plans of trucking logs and moving stuff tomorrow. Only 96 hrs off this time.  >:(   but im way to cheap to turn down free money.  ;D

Maine logger88

Looks good! Must be nice too be done there! Off too the MT next?

Thank You Sponsors!