Sponsors:

Timber Harvest Methods & Equipment

Started by Ron Scott, March 24, 2002, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

That beast looks very experienced. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ken

A few pics of the current job we are on.   Harvester working in an area heavy dominated by cedar and spruce.

Porter cleaning up area.  Notice the larger hardwood logs and pulpwood that was cut with a powersaw as they were quite large for the harvester to deal with.

Load of tree length cedar.  Notice that this trucker has his self loader attached to the side of his trailer.  Only set-up I have ever seen like that. 

Couple of loads of hardwood pulp headed to the mill that is less than 20 miles away.  Harvester is headed to the fuel trailer.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

Looks good. I have never seen a self loader on the side like that. Could you please get a picture on the other side?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

I've never heard of a loader mounted that way, either.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

barbender

I've never seen a side mount either, but it looks like an innovative way to solve a problem.
Too many irons in the fire

sawguy21

??? That load would get him pulled over here.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

I think it is all white cedar, I don't know if you can fit enough on to be overweight.

danabg

I've seen sideloaders before on B trains for 8 ft pulp an d they were detachable.They would leave them at the site too reduce weight.That was 15 years ago,haven't seen one since,probably more trouble than they were worth I'm thinking.

OntarioAl

Folks
Only way he can load shortwood or treelength and take the loader with the load. It is also the first time that I have seen such a setup
Al
Al Raman

Maine logger88

I'd also like to see a pic of the other side I'm curious about how its mounted?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Ken

I'll try to get a pic today of the side mounted loader if he shows like he is supposed to.  Our truck had the front differential blow apart last Thursday so our landings are getting full.

Ken

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 02, 2014, 10:49:34 PM
??? That load would get him pulled over here.

That load only weighed slightly more than 45 tonnes (100K lbs).   We are allowed 49.5 tonnes on many roads around here. 
Here are a couple of pics of the loader set up on the side of the trailer. That set up allows him to haul 2 1/2 bunks of random length wood or tree length.  The load of hardwood he was putting on in the pictures would weigh about 55 tonnes when finished which is quite a bit overweight but it's only a few miles to the mill.

thecfarm

Now I see. Interesting. That is one of those things that I put the brakes on driving down the road,turn quick into driveway,or whatever,and I have to go back and check that, I tell the wife, I have to check this thing out.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggerboy9325

Heres some of my dads and I's fleet. 2004 JD 648g3 prentice loader 180 and a bell feller buncher. Whats missing is our 2009 540 and we do have another bell.

Big timber little dozer

I think every one should get a OC3 so i don't feel alone
Yep that's what I thought

thecfarm

Got a picture of it,so I know what I am looking for to buy?  ;D

Big timber little dozer

Quote from: thecfarm on February 06, 2014, 04:10:35 PM
you must be the only one who doesn't know because i am sure every one else knows. but i guess just cause you are a Mainer

thecfarm

Maybe I was the only one to ask too.  ;)

redprospector

Quote from: Big timber little dozer on February 06, 2014, 07:42:00 PM
you must be the only one who doesn't know because i am sure every one else knows. but i guess just cause you are a Mainer
Just when you're most sure of something, someone will prove you wrong.  :D
What the heck is an OC3?
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

barbender

OC3??? No one has heard of it for being such common knowledge ::)

celliott

Ooops doubled that up, just meant to edit original post.
Moderator can delete this if possible. SORRY! :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

celliott

Quote from: redprospector on February 06, 2014, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: Big timber little dozer on February 06, 2014, 07:42:00 PM
Just when you're most sure of something, someone will prove you wrong.  :D
What the heck is an OC3?

I don't know for sure, but just a guess that it's a small Oliver crawler tractor? OC3= Oliver Crawler 3? Google turns up some results for that anyways...
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Big timber little dozer

Oliver oc3 stands for oliver cletac 3 or it it stands for oversized log carrier  :P ;D

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

barbender

I like that 'bone, logman. I think if the FEL had a quick connect system, it would be slick. But can you imagine trying to sneak through a thinning with that on? I bet they get quite light on the back end if you pick up a good load ???

Thank You Sponsors!