The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Buncher laying wood down for processor  (Read 1066 times)

Offline deastman

Re: Buncher laying wood down for processor
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 05:56:45 pm »
The Rottne salesman is taking me to a demo of one of their new processors next week so I can see how they do, he used to sell a lot of 501's with fixed heads and now he says the dangle head is the way to go
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 07:56:29 pm »
That would be Jared.  Nice enough guy for a salesman. He worked for cat. Google his name and you will know why he dose not work for them. You may have read about it in the bangor paper.

Offline deastman

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »
Ya I've known him from his days at Cat, he helped me with my four-roller when I first got it, he was a big help. He's helping me now with learning about the whole dangle head approach. Nortrax has a 501 with a Prentice(Cat) dangle head that I looked at and he's the guy I call when I have questions about Cat rigs. He can tell you who bought it new, who else has owned it since and how good their maintenance program was and if there were any major issues with it. Don't you have a Rottne? I need to get down and see yours work
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »
yes i do. so you know the story then?

Offline deastman

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 10:28:57 pm »
10-4 on the story