iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A weekend at the fair with Forum Friends

Started by Cowboy Bob, July 24, 2005, 10:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy Bob

The Antique Tractor Pull is now fair history.   :)  We had a ball and here's the pictures to prove it.  To those folks following along on who was gonna beat who this weekend......it was me!   8) 8) 8)  Yep, I outpulled the mouth!   8)

We had a visitor on Saturday morning.  This is a picture of Weekend Sawyer, the Lovely Miss Celeste, and me:

The Lovely Miss Celeste climbed right on that tractor like she knew what she was doin!  Here's Roxie with Weekend Sawyer and the Lovely Miss Celeste:

We hated to see Jon and Celeste go, but we sure enjoyed our visit.  I do have to report that Jon helped Celeste off the tractor, and enjoyed it JUST a little too much!   :D  Roxie pointed out that in our relationship it's every man for himself, because she'd a quished me!  Ain't it so.....    ;)

Here's the Grandson enjoying his very first EVER milkshake and let me tell ya he drank every drop.  Took em about two hours to finish it, but he's doing his part for the dairy industry!   :D

We took some pictures of interesting stuff at the fair.  Here are the very first tractors.....STEAM! 

For Jeff B......Some Hit and Miss Engines that Weekend Sawyer spotted from a distance of three miles!   8)

I had to take this picture for DanG to show him how Yankees saw wood....rubber band powered! 

This is Roxie puttin in the parade, (sorry about the big hair in my way)! 
(Redneck humor)  :D

Here I am, GETTIN R DONE, pulling under the lights at the fair!  I do good.   :)

Ya'll will have to wait until October 4th for the continuing saga of the tractor pulls......that's when I go head to head against Roxie for bragging rights!  I'm gonna take full advantage (like she did) ...... Ain't it so!   :)

Creek Dairy Sales~Owner/Operator
Cows or Bulls~You want em, we buy em, I sell em
Quality not Quantity

DanG

Man Howdy!  It looks like y'all had a great time! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Roxie lost, EH ???  smiley_devil smiley_devil

I kinda miss them old shows. I like to look at the old iron, but then, reality sets in. TOO MUCH WORK, making production.  ;D ;D ;D

I really like the animal pulling contests.  :) :) :)

As the DanGster out it, looks like Y'all had a ball.  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Roxie

You may enjoy yerself Deadheader!  Yep, he whopped me!  It was a whole bunch of fun, even gettin whopped!   8)
We had lunch at the fair with Jon and Celeste, Pit Beef and fresh squeezed lemonade....and then we all watched the pig races and those little critters can FLY!   :D
The tractor parade is a blast and is led off by the Steam Tractors.  I was real proud to be driving that Case 400 that Cowboy Bob put so much work into.  Folks were video taping it and waving.  It's a great feeling to just BE there!

Tonight we are taking the Grandson to his very first rodeo.   smiley_horserider
Life is good. 
Say when

Norm

Cool! smiley_thumbsup

I'm green with envy....well actually Sherwin Williams extra white as I'm inside painting today. :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Man O Man, let me tell you that was one purdy tractor that Cowboy Bob and Roxy have!
I'm not sure which one of them actually owns it but that doesn't seem to cause any problems between Bob n Roxy.

We sure did have a good time tho it was WAY too short. See we were just stopping by on the Road King on our way to my Neices gratuation party, ok so it was a nice 150 mile detour but well worth it. I do wish we could have stayed and watched more pullin, they were runnin 2 lanes and must have been 100 tractors!

Cowboy Bob and Roxy please keep us posted on that October pull, we might just sneak up and see youall again!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

beenthere

Well Roxie, great time you had and great pictures posted by Cowboy Bob.

But, I'm not sure that I would go head-to-head with the guy that is fine-tunin' my pullin machine. He may add some bubble-gum or other 'controller' if the competition gets too ferocious.  ;D  Seriously, sounds like great fun. Thanks for the picks.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jodi

Yeah thanks alot! I'm gettin a lil jealous over here... :)

Cowboy Bob

Jodi, you would have loved it!  There were gals your age there that pull and WIN!  These gals are so good that the men just groan when they show up at a pull!  There was even a seven year old boy pulling with a John Deere A, and he just killed us!  He knew how to handle that tractor and it even had a hand clutch!  Tell your Dad to get off his rusty ole money and git you a tractor!   :D
Creek Dairy Sales~Owner/Operator
Cows or Bulls~You want em, we buy em, I sell em
Quality not Quantity

Patty

It looks and sounds like you guys all had a great time.  8)

Cowboy Bob, you know, I think it was real nice of Roxie to let you win the way she did. I think she is sweet on ya!  :-*
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jodi

Cowboy Bob,
I think you're right, it's about time my dad got me a tractor!  ;D Since he doesn't share his...  :D The only thing is that the man doesn't even trust me on the lawnmower  ::)

Roxie

We found out last night that there is an interesting footnote to the pictures we took at the fair. 
Remember these old Steam Tractors?

My son, Richard, was called in to work on the fair grounds this week because one of the Steam Tractors (the first tractor on the left) needed a boiler welded.  I asked him if they were hard to work on and he said, "Not really, but if you start taking them apart, everything comes off." 
I think my jaw was hanging down while he was telling me this because I knew he got to work on a lot of exotic type equipment, but I was DanG proud of the kid!!   8)
Say when

Patty

That's pretty cool Roxie. Kids add so much joy to our lives!  smiley_sun
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Chris J

We don't have those kind of shows here in Houston  :-[.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Weekend_Sawyer

Man, you don't know what you are Hit n Missin :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Ed_K

Roxie & Cowboy Bob, do they have an open pull? And what won if they did?
Mucha_Nada, they must have the 6 engine supper pulls down there? We use to go to Electra Tx to the pulls.
Ed K

Roxie

It is an open pull to all antique tractors (pre 1962).  There were 200 pulls on Friday night and 325 pulls on Saturday.  The most represented weight class was 6500 and 7500, but weight classes range from 3000 to 12,500. 
The winners were heavily dominated by Olivers followed by Farmalls.  Of note, the 9500 lb class was won by a John Deere 730.   :)
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!