iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting started

Started by ex-Engineer Wannabe, July 23, 2005, 03:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Engineer Wannabe

I'll PM you, Dan, as soon as I can clear my desk a bit more.  I've got my PC set up to warn me when I receive a reply, so I'm trying to respond to each of my gracious posters as soon as possible.  I'm also a pretty quick typist, so that helps too...:)

Bill in NOLA 
"Measure twice, cut once" -- Don't know who coined this one, but he was pretty wise.

red

hi bill

well you started quite a thread here   ..... :)

dan g  wow you built quite a big machine topped with a cummings! ! !

and customsawyer / tobacco plug   thanks for defending woodmizer

every machine has its  good and bad points

and i think we all agree  if we came across   good deal  we just might buy the other machine   or shall we say plan B 

the farm I help out at  has had a few sawmills

the LT40 hd with kubota diesel  was  a great machine

but the LT70  we just got  is awesome! ! !

the 70 eats everything we can throw at it

but the logs i like best is the 14"to 20"   less time consuming

anyhow  i just had to say something  for the orange machines

stay cool ...

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

twostroke_blood

Ok let me approach it from this angle. When sawing small logs on my bandmill, I dont have to bend over as far to pick up the boards yuk yuk yuk ;D  8)

ex-Engineer Wannabe

Hi, Red and Twostroke.

Yes, Red, this has been a great thread where lots of good information has been disseminated to the board.  I hope that others in a similar situation have been reading this thread as intently as I have.   

Once again, I think it's great that there are so many supporters for both basic designs...please keep it coming.

Bill
"Measure twice, cut once" -- Don't know who coined this one, but he was pretty wise.

DanG

Bill, we been keepin' it comin' for several years now. :D :D  There are many, many pages of just this sort of stuff.  Just start paging back through the forum and you'll see what I mean.  I don't mean to abandon this thread, though.  We have lots of guests and potential members drifting through, and they usually only look at the current page.  We can keep this one going as long as anybody is interested enough to add to it. ;D

Thanks, JeffB! 8) 8) 8)  This just points up what a great thing you have done for us here on THE ForestryForum! 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ex-Engineer Wannabe

Hey, Dan.

Take a look at your email.  I hope you see one there from me.

B in the BE

Thank You Sponsors!