iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

8)

Started by shacklepin, August 02, 2002, 12:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shacklepin

Thanks for turning me on to this site. I haven't looked it all over good yet but I like what I've seen.  

Bro. Noble

Welcome,

The more you look, the more you'll like.

Maybe you can help control the Texans that are already forum members!

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Frank_Pender

Welcome, Shacklepin.   Yea, this site will kind of grow on you, somewhat like moss on the North side of a tree.  In you ramblings around do not forget to get to get some historical perspectives of the sites past.
Frank Pender

CHARLIE

Welcome Shacklepin!  I hope you stay around and enjoy the fun.  I've learned a lot here too......  There's a great bunch of guys with good humor and a lot of knowledge here... :P
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

JoeyLowe

8)Alrighty!  Another Texican.  Welcome Shacklepin.  What part of the Great State of Texas do you hail from?  I'm in Gilmer, East Texas. ;D
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

woodman

All right how did you find us who did you talk to.
Jim Cripanuk

WoodChucker

Yep, welcome to F-troop. :)

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

ARKANSAWYER

Q:  Do you know why Texas is so large?

A:  Because the EPA will not allow the storeing of that much Bull S$#t in a smaller area. :D :D

Welcome, take your spurs off and sit a spell.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

JoeyLowe

:D  Hey Arkansawyer:

Speaking of the EPA, gave them a call the other day regarding some wood I was prepping to cut.  One of my customers up in Texarkana came across some creosote treated timbers that he wanted milled into beams for use in building a barn and woodshop.  Now these timbers aren't your ordinary run of the mill poles.  Nope, this guy had to go and find poles that are anywhere from 40-60 feet long and 24-36" at the butt end.  These things were treated some 30 years ago and have been stored in an old abandoned factory for at least that long.

Of course my concern was the threat to me and mine and what liabilities would I incur if I milled these things.  According to the Dallas office of the EPA, no threat other than a mild skin irritent.  Suggested using a mask and goggles and maybe wearing longsleeves.  Said that only rats who have their bellies shaved and creosote rubbed on them for 45 days develop skin cancer.  Of course he said that you could possibly get sick if you drank the stuff too.

Anyway, the customer wants beams of 20 x 20 x 20'.  Must going to be a huge barn.  His floor joists will be 4 x 9 x 20'.  We took the chainsaws up there last Saturday to do a little bucking ($75/hr ;D).  The first twenty poles cut without any problems, then we started slowing down.  Saws (including a Sthil 66) would not cut!  Remembered to add some diesel and bar oil to the chainsaw blade and we were back in business.

Anyway, we got back home and I had a message from some company in Houston.  They need 50 tons of Western Red Cedar for immediate export to China.  Of course, I immediately thought of you. So if you get an email from Anna, you will know how she found you. 8)
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

woodman

Jeff is he a one post wonder.????
Jim Cripanuk

ARKANSAWYER

JOEY,
  Speaking of power poles I sawed some up 2 weeks ago into 4x10x30's for a barn.  These poles came out of the power line from Bull Shoals Dam.  About 4 feet from where they came out of the ground they had bored holes into them and  glass tubes of osmose treatment into them.  The glass tubes really knocked the set out of a blade.  I went through 19 blades and destroyed 4 of them.  He paid for the blades and in just 8 poles I sawed out 2,280 bdft.  Not every day you see a full size 30 ft 2x4.  Even with the metal out of them they are hard on blades.  I ran water with purple cleaner in it and they were shinny when they got dull.  It will burn your skin and I would wear a mask and the saw dust will kill the grass.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!