iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help

Started by J_T, July 22, 2005, 01:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_T

Anyone got a good way to find or get rid I hope of a snake ??? Wife went to let her dog out couple hours ago and started back in the house she left the downstaires door open a crack we at ground level ::) She started back in and almost steped on it then yelled and went the other way :D :D.She said it came on in as she went the other way :o Any idia's spray anything ???Burning the house is the only thing I have ruled out so far ::) Put some bird shot shells in my 44mag but can't find him ;D Any idia's on atleast keeping him downstairs I can stay up for now ;D When you stop laughing please help
Jim Holloway

woodbowl

JT, call one of your buddies with a dog. Almost any ole' pup is going to raise his ears when he smells a snake. A good dog will show you right where he is in just a short while. Even if they are not trained, you can tell by their body language. They will start easing around real slow the closer they get. If he's in a tight spot, a little gasoline in the area will get him moving. I hope  the pilot light is out in the furnace. 8)Get that snake. ;D ;D ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

moosehunter

The dog should work. If'n ya know someone with an Aussie Blue, invite them over. That Aussie will tear up that snake!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Weekend_Sawyer

I don't mind snakes, though if it is a rattler it's gonna be dinner. Had 2 this year sofar!

If you have any mice in your house that snake is going to get them, so he will do you a favor.

If you gotta kill him just walk around with a shovel and that dog, as stated earlier, the dog should help you find it then just use the shovel to pin and cut it's head off. 

WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Murf

If'n yer pretty sure he's down stairs just put a piece of something, carpet, cardboard, plywood, etc., on the floor in the middle of the room, then hang a heat lamp up above it.

It won't take long before that cold-blooded snake in the grass (basement?) feels the chill and heads for suntan city ta' keep his self warm.

If'n dat don't work I can loan ya' Deputy Dog fer a spell, I doubt even a Rattler would be fast enough ta git him.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

DanG

Murf's got the right idea.  Make the place as cold as you can get it, and create one warm spot.  Like I've said before, ya gotta make it easier to do what YOU want, than not to. ;D

Any idea what kind of snake it is?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Political  ??? ::) ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

Snicker, snicker........  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Larry

Walnut 2 X 6 works for me.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Weekend_Sawyer

nice lookin rattler, Yum smiley_chef_hat
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

ohsoloco

My dog has yet to find a live snake (that I know of), but if I see her rolling in something around the house it's usually a dead snake  :D

Thanks for getting me paranoid J_T, I forgot to close the garage door last night  ;)  I usually find 'em in my log and slab piles. 

GF

Hey Weekend_Sawyer, I will help you tenderize that rattler before you eat it,  a number eight tenderizer in a 410.   :D

woodbowl

Well, there you have it  JT. All you need to get rid of that snake is a dog, a heat lamp and a Walnut 2 X 6. That'll get em' every time. ;D ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

J_T

Thanks everyone. DanG if it's on land it;s a rattler if it's in water it's a cottonmouth. :D :D Wife got a mean dog but the only thing he's hunted latley is the aircondishner duck   vent as he lays on it all time  ::) F D if it were that type snake I wouldn't had bird shot in the 44 mag  ;D Think I'll try the heat lamp and bird shot . Haven't seen him yet today but now i'm parinoid  :D :D If the wife steps on it it;s gunna be a bad day at table rock  ::)Note to self don't go to Weakend Sawer's house for a  Bar Bee Q ;D
Jim Holloway

Faron

J T, As has been mentioned, in an air conditioned house that snake is going to seek out a warmer place pretty quickly.  Course at night that COULD turn out to be under the sheets at the foot of your bed...... :o
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Furby

I'd be looking behind/under the fridge! ;)

J_T

Faron THANK"S :'( Will sleep with shooting iroi and flashlight hope I don't shoot my big toe off. Been sleeping cold and verry little :D :D Furby darn neer turned frigh over looking under it . 8) 8)May need someone to watch for snake while I sleep gun and food furnshed ;D
Jim Holloway

Slabs

What about the beer????
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

J_T

Slabs after we get him  8) If to much befofe we might miss him :D :D And the repairs would be bad :D :D
Jim Holloway

Frank_Pender

If I recall correctly some around here use to just pay their workers with a can of peas.  You might try that for payment. :P
Frank Pender

J_T

Frank long about now my wife would shell out a warsh tub full of em :D :D
Jim Holloway

Thank You Sponsors!