iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

soakin

Started by woodmills1, August 01, 2002, 09:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

you guys probably already know this but for the woodmizer crowd and anyone else with a felt wiper here goes.  I used to just pour the atf on the wiper then turn it over and start sawin.  three days ago I let it soak in for a couple a minutes while doin something else.  well color me faster cause the mill didn't slow down twenty minutes later like it has for years. I think i found something here. 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Hay!  That gives me an idear! Maybe I should pour some ATF on my feet! 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

How about an explanation for us that have no idea what you are talking about. (Polly just me :-/) I am guessing this is a lube sytem on some part of your saw that you lube with Automatic transmission oil? Good guess??
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodman

Must be something new My 86 WM doze not have one
Jim Cripanuk

woodmills1

the woodmizer saw head rides on two circular rails called tracks.  one on top of the main frame and one below.  the saw head has four rollers that ride on the top rail, 2 pairs set 90 degrees to each other and on the bottem one roller and one flat bar.  the flat bar is there to kind of stop the head from being pushed of the track due to the fact that it is a single post style mill.  since the top rail is exposed to saw dust there are two plastic tract wipers to push sawdust away, one in front and one behind so the rollers dont have to travel over sawdust in either direction.  setting on the track between the two plastic wipers is a felt wiper set in a sheet metal sawdust guard.  the felt needs to be lubricated I use auto trans fluid and was saying that it seems to work smoother longer if I give the atf time to soak in.  the woodmizer designers did a good job making thier machines perform.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!