iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yuch Plftttt-t-t

Started by Tom, August 01, 2002, 05:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I've been having trouble with my Craftsman lawnmower.  The Kohler 20h motor bends push rods.  I changed one on the right cylinder twice and took the mower to a shop.  He had it for a fee and I ended up taking it back.  He found a bent push rod on the other cylinder.   Seems to be working now.  Still don't know why the bent pushrods.

The dealer cleaned the gas tank, he said, and put on a new fuel pump.  When I got it home gas wouldn't come out of the tank.  The new filter that the dealer put on was ruined.  I blew into the hose and couldn't move any air.  Hmm I thought, I'll get a piece of wire.  I went to my woodmizer and forgot why I was there, so I took the sediment bowl I had installed on it off.  I returned to the mower and installed the sediment bowl. No Gas.

I took the tank hose off and blew into it.(seems like I had done this before).  No Gas.  Frustrated, I sucked on the hose.  Spit, phlbggggg,  arghhh, plblblblblb,. Spit Spit. yuch.  Boy that burns.  My lips had gas on them, my chin had gas on it, my nose had gas on it and it was starting to burn.  My mouth was full of some kind of trash.
I hooked the sediment bowl up and ran to the faucet.  Turning it on full blast, I stuck my mouth into a full 30lb stream of sulphur water and began to wash my mouth and face.  After about 5 minutes of this and a lot of spitting, I returned to the mower and cranked it up.  It runs fine now.  I'll bet it was just waiting to get a chance to get even for making it work in this hot weather.

A thunderstorm began to come too close so I've come into the house.  It's been over an hour since I purged the fuel line and I can still taste gas.  Boy, I'm glad I don't do that often. :D

Paul_H

Tom,I had the gas cap come off my saw,and pour down the front of my pants once.I was soaked,but didn't think much of it at first. After about a minute the burning started.

I don't think it could have hurt more,even if I had set match to it. :o

I wonder if Whiskey would help you be rid of the gas taste?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

Hmmmmm  might be worth a try  :D :D :D

woodmills1

what a gas  :D yas nows fo sur if ya aint tasted gas :D ya aint no fixer :D why justa today i gots some diesel ona my hands anda sura nuf ina mouth it goes. yuck putooey. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

CHARLIE

Reminds me of the days when you could siphon gas out of cars. Stick a piece of garden hose down into the tank and start sucking until you got a mouthful of gas and then drop the hose into a gas can.  Spit out the gas and keep spittin'. Don't go around fire for awhile.

I use to work for an arial duster and sprayer who owned 2 Steerman biplanes. One for dustin' and one for sprayin'. One day he wanted me to scrub the accumulated sulfur off the body of the plane. He took a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with aviation fuel. Then he put an air pressure sprayer into the bucket and handed it to me.  Hell, I didn't know any better and I went to work spraying his plane with gasoline and scrubbing. I got drenched in gas and it burned me to a fair the well (I reckon it takes the oil out of your skin). It's a DanG wonder I didn't blow me and everything around me to smitherines.  I've always said I have the best Guardian Angel assigned to me and he's had to work hard over the years. l bet he was just shaking his head when I was spraying that gasoline.  :o :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Gordon

What is worse the taste finally goes away and then you have to burp. That nasty taste all over again. >:(

Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!