iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JR, have you gone to the doctor yet? Then "Git-R-Done"

Started by oldsaw, July 18, 2005, 10:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

This is a public service message.  JR, one of the resident lurkers, who has become like a brother to Sawwood and myself, spent somewhere less than a minute as a "former" lurker on Saturday morning.  After CPR, his first words were, "I was just taking a nap".... I responded, "Yeah, a dirt-nap". 

We got him home, but he's convinced himself that he had a "fainting spell".  I told him more than once that when you faint, your heart is still beating.  But, being a hard headed SOB, he hasn't gone in to see the doctor yet.  He was still weak on Sunday, so I'm sending him the message on multiple fronts.

It's in my best interests to keep him around a while longer.  Good friends are hard to find, and Sawwood and myself need a place to play.

JR, do it for us....well, you can do it for Shirley and the boys too...
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

shopteacher

That's nothing to fool around with.  Could have been your awakening call, so I wouldn't pass it up.  Death or possible stroke is forever.  I hate to go to them Doc's but would hate worse not being around for my wife and kids, not to mention my woodmizer.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Norm

Darn right it's nothing to ignore. May be just because of the heat and all but could be something more serious.

JR if I have to come down there to treat you it'll be worse than going to the doctor. Last animal I doctored is in the freezer. ;D

shopteacher

::) How come the first thing them guys want to do anymore is shove what looks like a piece of 1 1/4" pipe up your butt and look around? :o
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Frank_Pender

JR, My best friend thought the same way.   "No need, it is just indigestin."  I gave the ulegy at the grave site a year and a half ago. >:( Still dosen't seem like he is gone. :(
Frank Pender

Ernie

I had worsening indigestion for 10 years and kept telling my doctor that's all it was.  Finally, one day she asked for my car keys and called an ambulance.  First official heart attack. I finally started to listen to her.  After three more attacks of greatly worsening severity They stuck a couple of stents in the old ticker and, wonder of wonders, I haven't had any shortness of breath, except when I bend over to tie my shoes :) no chest pains and definately no indigestion.

Helen is a great doctor and I now listen to her and not just for our usual great exchange of jokes.

Moral of the story, God gave us two eyes, two kidneys but only one very well designed heart.  Don't insult Him, take care of it.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

beenthere

Just this noon learned a good friend died while in the hospital yesterday morning. He went in last Wed. with a headache, and then had some chest pains. They checked him over, angiogram and all, and found two good arteries and one clogged. Dr and family decided against surgery for just the one (??). I don't know any of the particulars.
He was out of intensive care on Friday, and scheduled to come home today when his Dr. could come into the hospital to sign him out. His wife went before Church yesterday morning with clean clothes to wear home. When she went into the hospital, they informed her that he had died. Pow!
He was my car mechanic, and a very good one. Going to miss him as a friend most of all though. Makes one think how fragile we all are, and probably how unprepared we are for 'tomorrow'.
Must think of the loved ones left behind.  JR, hope you are feeling better soon.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Hey JR...get in to the Doc and let him take a look see.  Even if ya need a little tune up they got that stuff down now...in and out and your ready for nother 100,000 miles. :)

Besides thinking of yourself, get it taken care of for the family and friends.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

tnlogger

JR you better listen to oldsaw i know, that ugly looking cube van picked me up from the front lawn sat afternoon and took me to the er it was a small one but an eye opener after tests this week end they let me come home at noon. all i could get out of the doc was i was very lucky  :-\ and yes nitro gives you a very bad headache.  I'll be here in and out for the next couple wks as they want to do a bounch of tests and try to keep up.  :)
gene

Roxie

:o  What are ya doin tnlogger?  Tryin to slip the news to us gently?  Geez I hope your alright...and you better STAY alright!  You listen to the doctor, and JR I know you are listenin...and you had better get yourself checked!  If you hit the dirt, it's time!   ::)
Say when

tnlogger

lol roxie i'm to old and mean to have anything bad happen to me  ;)
but ya know if i'm not here posting i gota be under the weather . ;D
gene

Murf

I can wade in on this one a little too, from experience....   ::)

At 34 the doctor sat me down and told me to take it easy, cut back the hours, change the diet, loose some stress, loose some weight, drink less, yada, yada, yada, and here's your Nitro prescription.

At 36, all the the doctor said was "You're not listening to my advice are you? Here's the refill for your Nitro prescription and something for the chronic heartburn."

At 38, standing over me in the hospital all he said was "Are you going to listen now?".

I listened.

Now nearly 3 years later I am still not quite 100% but back to working very limited hours and have gotten most of the problems under control.

With everything the doctors have learned, death is still not cureable.

I also took some good advice from my friend Harold (FDH), I give my sweetie a hug & kisss and tell her how much I love her every chance I get. I doesn't make up to her for nearly loosing me, but it makes us both feel better all the same.  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8)  Murf.  ;) ;) 8) 8)

JR take notice, Buddy.  :(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

Bump..........

Any updates on this ?

A comment on da other thread about Da Boss limpin' through da Piggy Roast 'cause of his boo-boo's made me think of this thread.  ::)

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!