iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Congratulations Jeff & Tammy!

Started by CHARLIE, August 01, 2002, 08:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Congratulations on 22 years of wedded bliss.  I tried to think back but can't remember my 22nd....I may have skipped that year. ;D

I remember reading an article by Erma Bombeck (sp?) years ago where she was celebrating her 24th anniversary. She said her husband brought her 2 dozen roses and said as he gave them to her, "Honey, here is a rose for each wonderful year together."  She said she looked at him, took the roses and threw half of them in the trash.  ;D

I hope y'all will have a fine day.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bibbyman

Congratulations Jeff and Tammy!

Mary and I have passed our 32'nd year together.  

I once sent her a flower arrangement to office with a card that said "Thanks for 12 great years."  :D She laughed and the others around her wanted to know why as they'd already read the card and didn't see it funny.  It was like our 18'Th anniversary.  She "got it" and lucky for me thought it funny and I didn't "get it" when she got home. ;D

I tell everyone the trick to a long marriage is that only one of you can be mad at a time.  I keep thinking someday I'll get my turn. ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

I know exactly where I was 22 years ago this afternoon. Its still burned in my mind.

I got up in that morning a little late since I had the day off. At that time I was working for O'neal and Company Incorporated. A sawmill and logging company located in Clare MI.

I had my own place and I spent a few moments milling around there, (Milling around, har! get it?) but quickly decided to go to the sawmill and take my mind off of things. When I got there a load of logs had just rolled in. The Logger was T.E. Handy Forest products. (T.E. later went out of business after he was hurt and needed to be hospitalized. We heard his wife went to visit him and found the girl friend in the hospital bed helping heal what ever hurt) :o

Since I was looking for something to do, and this truck did not have a self unloader, I went and fetched up our log truck and unloaded the load. It was a load of mixed hardwoods. Red Maple, white oak, beech a cherry or two and a few Ash and Hickory. The logs were on the small size, 9 to 10 inches, a few larger. Back then loggers cut what ever they could buy even if they should have grown another 20 years. They know better now I think.

Tammy's Uncle Sam came out (he worked there too) he was pointing at his watch and grinning and had a rope around his neck leading himself around. (Has anybody ever tried to throw logs with a knuckleboom loader? you would be surprised at the distacne you can achieve with just the right size logs. I still fell about 10 yards short.) :D  After unloading the truck I washed up and headed back home.

After that the rest of the day was a blur and I don't remember a lot of detail. I do however remember some about later that night. ;D

Thanks guys.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Congrats!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Dee and I have been together for a little over seven years.  In Oct. we're going to make it official. ;) :D ;D :o ::) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Paul_H

Congratulations,and all the best to you two.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

woodman

37 years ago thay told me it took ten years to brake in your wife, I think i'm a little slow. Have meany more Jeff.
Jim Cripanuk

Texas Ranger

We have been together 32 years.  Standard joke (for me) is that we have been happily married 5 years, the 5 years before the kids got here!

Congrats. still good to see some things do last.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

RavioliKid

Congratulations, Jeff and Tammy!

I hope you did something fun to celebrate. ;)
RavioliKid

Frank_Pender

I am sorry that the posting I sent earlier did not get through for some reason.  I will make this one short.   the best to the each of you as ONE.   Myself and Alice have been married to each other for 22 years.   Welcome to the "22 Club". 8)
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!