iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Danger lock all your car doors!!

Started by Sawyerfortyish, July 18, 2005, 07:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

Thats right it's a seasonal thing around here where people intenisonaly break into your car not to dammage it but to get rid of unwanted bags of stuff :o.  Yep thats right it's Zucchini season. Three times last week I got hit. A man can olny take so much before he bursts ;) :D :D

Roxie

Sorry buddy, but I just couldn't throw them out!   :D :D :D  Starving pygmies in Africa and all that...... 
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

:D :D :D :D :D I just left 2 bags in my brother's truck  :D :D :D :D :D

we have a squash explosion going on around here :o
and I LOVE stewed squash.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Ernie_Edwards

When we moved here 6 years ago and had our FIRST garden we didn't know what we were doing. Figuring bigger was better one of the things planted was 12 hills of zuccini. You can well imagine what that did to our relationship with family and friends.

Now three plants are still a little too much, and a lot less work. Still have lots for the birds to share.

The garden is a lot smaller now too. Leaves more time for making sawdust, or getting into some other sort of trouble.

Patty

:D  Just wait until the tomatoes ripen  ;D :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Texas Ranger

Whadayamean wait?  Up to our arm pits in 'maters. :-\
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Fla._Deadheader

Maters are gone, here.  Fall crop is already planted and being staked.  ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Daren

I saw a recipe for using 40lbs of zuchini, didn't get it until I planted 6 hills in my first garden. The recipe requires 2 brown paper sacks filled with zucchini and an unattended pickup truck in the Walmart parking lot, add 2 sacks to truck bed and drive off.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

bitternut

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Daren that was a good one

moosehunter

After reading this thread yesterday I went home and fried up some Yellow and Zuchini that was left in my truck buy some creten.
A little oil, butter, onion, beer and tomato mixed in...........yum!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

SwampDonkey

I am always confronted with taking left over bread or cereal from mother's. I hardly eat bread, so the crows get a meal and I don't eat some of the cereal I get passed. It's usually a NoName brand and it just doesn't live up to standard. ;D

We used to get flooded with those zucchini things too and the only thing we ever used them for was zucchini bread. There is only so much zucchini bread I care to eat. I did try stir fry recipes last summer with little zukes, but I didn't care much for it. All my zukes this year failed to germinate. About the only thing I'de take and use would be berries, beans, cukes, and maters and maybe corn if I'm in the mood. I don't cater from my garden either. It's there, if ya want it, come pick it. So far, just my tracks along with the odd set of moose hoofs. If he eats my beans, he's coming down. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Wahl

For some reason this thread reminded me of a story that Harry Caray used to tell.
It seems he left two tickets to a cubs game laying in plain sight on the front seat of his car.
Big mistake! Someone broke into his car and left two more tickets! :-)
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

red

hummm

you might even get a forestry forum hat that way

or something close
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Daren

I can't knock them, we like to fry the blossoms in egg and floor. Grilled zuchini strips (marinated in Italian dressing). Stuffed with  browned burger, stewed tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, season and baked with a big mound of cheese on top... I have a million recipes, there isn't a Walmart close so I had to come up with my own (I enjoy cooking) I had to try to eat them all myself.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bro. Noble

Ernie_E,

Your comments on your FIRST garden reminded me of some neighbors that we used to have.  They moved to the big city and really enjoyed experiencing 'country' stuff-------for about a year  ;)

Was at their place when their FIRST garden was popping through the soil.  They had about 8 rows of radishes each about 100 ft long.  I asked what they were going to do with all the radishes.  He looked at me like I was a complete moron and replied "we like radishes"  :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ed_K

We quit planting a garden, soon as something came up or we transplanted something, the deer would eat it  ::).
Ed K

wiam

Ed,  I like to have steak with my veggies. ;) ;)

Will

Sawyerfortyish

Ed_k we got the same problem here except dad traps shoots and kills everything that walks crawls or flys anywhere near his garden. Cept me I learnt to duck and run :o :D

katie-did

I wish that zuchini fairy would find my truck.  8) I always loved to shread and freeze it to make my bread in the winter and share with everyone. In the winter a nice warm loaf of bread covered in butter. Boy, that sounds really good. But that zuchini fairy just don't find my truck.

I USE TO PLANT A GARDEN THEN PART-TIMER HAD TO GO AND GET A SAW MILL AND TOOK UP ALL THE SPACE WE HAD. DARN SAWERS. OPPS :-X I MEAN I LOVE  smiley_love THOSE SAWERS.

Daren, You did not have to talk about fried blossoms smiley_daisy. That was always my favvvvvvvvv. Dad always liked the fried zuchini but the bloossoms were the best. I was even willing to get up to pick them and that was saying alot for my to get out of bed before noon back then.

Well now that ya'al' have made me hungry I am going to have to find me somewhere to get some. Problem have to sneek into someone garden early and get me some. Just hope they don't meet me with the shot-gun. Then I just might have to turn on my charm. smiley_gorgeous That might not get me very far. But it would be worth it for some blossoms.
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Thank You Sponsors!