iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much combined experience is here?

Started by Daren, July 16, 2005, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

I have not had a chance to read too many older post, but has anyone done a poll or is there a way to add up all the years of combined experience is in this forum? I know some days are just like every other, but some are a totally new experience for even an old timer. With 2600+ members there has to be literally 1000s of years of combined experience. I only have 1. If the average is 5, that is 13000 years. What if it is 10? 26000 years is a bunch. I can't think of another place you are going to find a living archive of this scale where you can ask questions and get answers based on what we have learned.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Roxie

It boogles the mind, doesn't it  ???  What amazes me is the diversity of knowledge.  You can ask a question about DanG near anything and get several experts to respond!   :P
Near as I can tell, we've got it covered from air conditioning to welding!   :D
Say when

Daren

Hey I was looking at it sort of one sided. I was only thinking about the wood end of the knowledge on this board. I said I only had 1 year experience sawmilling and that is what was referring to when I  was throwing out the numbers. You are right Roxie, I am a master plumber, certified Nuke pipe welder and already have 2 life times of experiences that would not be suitable for any family discussion board. I guess we do have loggers, soldiers, lawyers and sawyers. I thought about the a/c - welding comment that is a-w. I came up with the letters in between b-bricklayer, c-carpenter... we just have x,y,z. Are there any x-ray technicians, yoga instuctors or zebra ranchers (?) as members?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cedarman

Along with me there are several yackers on here.  There are probably a few with experience that we do not want to know about either.  Love the forum!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Patty

I am X-ceptional in every way... ::)   Does that count?     I was gonna say I was x-ceptionally gorgeous, but I couldn't even type the words without choking up!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

pigman

Quote from: Patty on July 17, 2005, 08:13:23 AM
I am X-ceptional in every way... ::) Does that count? I was gonna say I was x-ceptionally gorgeous, but I couldn't even type the words without choking up! :D

I don't think anyone would disagree with anything you said. At least not in shooting distance. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ron Scott

As Al Capone said; "A nice person with a gun gets more attention than a nice person without one".  ;)

~Ron

SwampDonkey

As Archie bunker said, 'Guns is free speech'.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

twoodward15

I'm a yacker too unless you count sawing really small logs on my 14 inch bandsaw!!!  Anyway, Daren,  I finally got some dimensions for that maple.  I need a book match to be 2 feet wide by 3 feet long.  That'll give me about an inch and a half on the width and 6 or 7 extra on length.  So if you can spare a couple pieces I'd be more than willing to pay what you want.  Hopefully $5 a bdft isn't insulting.  If it is let me know and we'll talk!!  I'll pay shipping of course.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Dan_Shade

sometimes, I think my experience detracts from the total :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

pigman

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 17, 2005, 05:29:25 PM
sometimes, I think my experience detracts from the total :)
That reminds me of the time in school when I took an IQ test. It came out with a negative  number. :o  After that I sat behind a smart student. :D  So I guess I have a lot of years of being dumb. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

maple flats

I'm an expert at being Zero mistakeless ;D , does that count
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!