iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grits?????????

Started by brdmkr, July 14, 2005, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

Who has altered DanG's profile?  Do NOT eat grits!!!!!!

What?  Someone has highjacked the forum or kidnapped DanG. 

DanG, say it isn't so!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

DanG

It's da twoot! :-\  I have ceased and desisted from promoting the consumption of this wonderful substance.  It seems that some unscrupulous souls are promoting the use of corn, a major ingredient of Grits, as a fuel for something other than the mammalian carcass.  I figger this is gonna drive up the price of corn, thus, the price of Grits.  I feel it is incumbent upon us, as lovers of Grits, to protect our own best interests, thereby ceasing to encourage new consumers from consuming.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

No problem. I will honor your wishes. Besides, good alcuhol comes from barley and rye.  BOYCOTT CORN IF IT AINT ON DA COB!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buzz-sawyer

I have altered my user pic on the bottom of my page in protest to this outrage........If this occurs as planned grit supplies will increase and people North of the mason Dixon may be forced to consume these hair altering menaces :o :o :o :o
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Dan_Shade

good alcohol comes from barley, rotgut comes from corn!

:-D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

chet

Barley Pop.......Yum   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

Aww, that's just that little toy alcohol they get from barley.  The REAL McCoy comes from corn.  Corn has more energy in it than any other grain.  That's why they make fuel alcohol from it, and that's why Grits is so good for ya. :-X OOPS!  I wasn't gonna try ta sell anybody else on'em. :-[ :-[  Y'all fergit I said that!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ernie

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 14, 2005, 11:17:57 PM
good alcohol comes from barley, rotgut comes from corn!

:-D

And GREAT alcohol comes from good ole Canadian rye 8) 8) 8) 8)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

DanG

Oh Lordy!  Now it has become a safety issue.  EVERYBODY is gonna be required, by OSHA, to eat Grits every morning.  The price is gonna get so high I'll hafta saw two logs every day, instead of one log, every other day!  You people are wearing me down! >:(

Buzz-sawyer

Quote from: Buzz-sawyer on July 14, 2005, 11:17:28 PM
I have altered my user pic on the bottom of my page in protest to this outrage........If this occurs as planned grit supplies will increase and people North of the mason Dixon may be forced to consume these hair altering menaces :o :o :o :o
Obviously the HEALTH hazards are clear..................
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

chet

Next yur gonna see a notice on da box from da Surgeon General.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

DanG

Please note that I have changed my position yet again back to what it was all over again in the first place. ;D  We gon' run tha world on taters and Grits will return to it's rightful place as KING of the food world.  Thanks, Chet! ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

crtreedude

There is no way I am going to put a plate of grits in front of the workers. They are pretty easy going guys, but given Ana's reaction, I don't want to see what people with machetes might do if fed grits!  :o

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Murf

QuoteAnd GREAT alcohol comes from good ole Canadian rye

And apparently sombody misses good ole' Ontariairie-arie-ooooooo .....  :D

I wonder what the shipping costs would be to send a big ole' jug of Crown Royal to Mangamaio New Zealand ???
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

dave7191

I'm going to have to agree with booth sides this time i've been knowed to have a plate of grits from time to time  but i sure do like the crown royal
Dave

Part_Timer

hay dang

I'm a big fan of corn products.  GRITS, CORN SQUEEZINGS,  STEAK FEED, and fuel for the mill.  WHat more could a person want.

Better keep it quiet or there may not be enough to go around ;)

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Ernie

Murf

Just send it freight forward, I love the stuff  even though we can't get good ginger ale here like Canada Dry.

If I've got a spare $100.00 I could pick up a bottle somewhere.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Jeff

I just did a bunch of google searches to try to add some info to this thread since its in health and safety.  I was searching things like  "Death by grits" ,"grits causes death", "Killer grits" and I couldnt find a blessed thing. :-\

HOWEVER, I search "Bad grits" and came up with all sorts of things. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbowl

I don't believe it Jeff.  Here's what I et this morning. ;D ;D ;D  Let see if you can name them viddles.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

woodbowl

Also, why did that picture split my sentence into two parts?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Tom

It split it in two parts because your cursor was placed after the "w" when you pasted the URL of the picturte.

What's that red stuff?  :D

pigman

woodbowl,  If you had the viddles on Sunday morning, I hope you kept them in the frig since you took the picture on Friday. ::) Maybe your camera date is off a couple days. :P
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

crtreedude

Always quick to support our fearless leader - I have actually found a Southernor who doesn't like Grits!

http://www.humorcolumnist.com/grits.htm

I think it is well written and well reasoned.  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

woodbowl

I remember now Tom, I was left clicking trying to insert the code, then I remembered to right click and paste. Must have clicked in that spot.  What do you mean, what's that red stuff? Don't you know what _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ looks like? ???.............Guess them viddles! ;D ;D   

beenthere

Grits, butter, ketchup, and cornbread.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!