iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First time for Rust Reaper on one of these.

Started by Mike_P., July 14, 2005, 01:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_P.

Last week a customer called and wanted to talk about buying some Rust Reaper for his particular application.  He described a table-top sized machine "that did absolutely nothing", saying it had gears and chains that needed lubrication.  I suggested a Precision applicator where he could put a few drops where the gears intersected, etc. 

He said that would not work since there were a lot of gears (He wasn't kidding.).  He ended up buying a trigger sprayer along with some lube and closed by saying he would send me a photo of the machine.  Here it is:

Known as the "Do Nothing Machine" it was built in California using 700+ gears, chains, and parts from a Norden bomb sight, VW oil pump and a player piano.  I think the present owner displays it at shows.  He told me that it had been on a number of television shows:  Art Linkletter, Bob Hope, etc. 

I think I can safely say that Rust Reaper is the market leader in lubricating this particular type of machine.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that the way Rust Reaper yields, he will never have to buy any more.

Mike

Roxie

How slick is THAT?   8)   (get it....slick)   :D
Thanks for posting the photo...I would have never known there was such a machine! 
Say when

Patty

Roxie, you crack me up!  :D

That is a pretty neat machine there.

Note to Roxie: don't give up the day job.  ;D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

shopteacher

That would make a nice clock if'n it had some hands on it. Very unique machine, however it don't have much over us humans.  I know a lot of them that do absolutly nothing also.  Mike, you really want to make it big, come up with a product to spray on them and make them productive.  Then you really got something.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

karl

Amen Teach

After reading recent posts (and killing one ::)) I finally ordered up some RR- should be arriving tomorrow or so- anyway it was good talking to a real person and one that knows his product - got a good feeling 'bout that Mike P.  smiley_thumbsup
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

DanG

Karl, you got a knack for havin' good feelin's about the right folks.  MikeP and his RustReaper product are "straight-up"! :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Weekend_Sawyer

Yea OWW, talk about spinnin your wheels :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!