iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bragging on Brian.

Started by Jeff, July 13, 2005, 08:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Brian Bailey that is. Most of the forum membership knows that Brian is a true Craftsman and Artist. If you are one of the members that don't, Let me prove it to you.

Many moons (last august, 2004) ago I sawed some aspen that was very unique. You can see it in this thread https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=8144.0

Brian, having the eye of an artist asked about it. I told him that I would send it off to him. It was just going to get thrown back in the pile at work and sold as crating stuff. I took the photos of it because I had never seen anything like it before. I was glad to send the stuff off to someone that might have a special use for it.

Lets fast forward to today. I got a big box delivered by the guys and gals in brown.  Brian had emailed me ahead that he had made me "a little something", and to expect it. Well, this box was way bigger then a little something. I was really anxious to get what ever was coming because I had seen Brian's work here, and also got to see it in person when Harold Bobo and I went out to New York to get the log sleds Brian had picked up for me after I bought them on Ebay. I knew what ever was coming would be awesome.

Well folks, awesome does not come close. This gift is very special to me. First, it comes from a Forum member that is a big part of what has bound this group together from its beginnings. Second, of all the millions and millions of board feet I have sawn, other then one little box that Chet and I made, I don't have a thing that I can say came from lumber I had sawn. Until now. Now I had something that will be an Heirloom. I can't begin to tell you how Tammy and I felt as we carefully opened this box, exposing what was inside. Seeing the thought, and the hours, and the artistry.

Brian, thank you my friend. You have made and given us something that we will treasure for the rest of our lives

If you would like to see bigger versions of the Shaker wall clock, click on the versions you see here.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I just thought.... How much would you have to pay someone to make something as unique as that?

Thanks for showing it to us.. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Bibby, its priceless. Its one of a kind and I cant believe we have been intrusted to care for it. Tammy and I must have walked around itadmiring it for 20 minutes before we opened the door. Then to discover the wood burning art that brian had done of the baby Mountain Lion, whos skin looks just like the aspen, started us walking around it again. All the little details are just amazing.

Brad_S.

I have visited Brian's shop and home and can attest to the fact that all his work is top shelf.
Congrats on the beautiful gift, Jeff and Tammy.  8)
Way to go Brian! smiley_thumbsup
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

Very nice Brian and very lucky Jeff! smiley_thumbsup

crtreedude

That is a wonderful piece.  Congrats!

From the map, it looks like Brian lives sort of near my folks in Western NY - perhaps in October I can visit his shop.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Norm

Wow, you're certainly right about it being priceless Jeff. Thanks for showing us. :)

Great job Brian. :)

Frank_Pender

Isn't it marvelous what the Master has created.  then, along comes another of his creations that inhances the Master's work.   ;D  Thank you for sharing, Jeff. 8)
Frank Pender

sprucebunny

That's beautiful  8) 8) I like the wood and the cat.

That is certainly something to treasure  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Teri

Tom

A very nice job, Brian.  Hurrah! to you.

dewwood

Beautiful Brian! :)

Lucky you Jeff and Tammy!
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

isawlogs

Its a beautiful peice of craftsmenship ... what more can a person say , other then I wish I was going to the piggy roast to be able to see it and all of you that will be there .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

shopteacher

Fantastic piece of craftmanship.  All I can say is Brian must have had a good shopteacher. ;D  Youse a lucky man Jeff.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

HORSELOGGER

smiley_eek_dropjaw Wow. dats nice. smiley_thumbsup
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Wildflower

Brian, there are not enough words to tell you how much this gift is appreciated.  It is a wonderful addition to our home.

I just have to decide where to put it so everyone can see it.  ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

CHARLIE

Brian, another beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Your work takes second to none. 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ernie

Brian  all I can say is WOW that's terrific 8) 8)

Thanks for sharing with us Jeff.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

iain

WAY NICE

iain

moosehunter

Thats an incredible piece of work, can hardly wait to see it in person.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Patty

Good job, Brian.  8)

You have created another masterpiece....another treasured family heirloom.

Jeff & Tammy are fortunate to be on the receiving end of your generosity.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

oakiemac

Super cool! :)
It is nice to know that their are talented people that can make the most out of the lumber that we all saw.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Harold

When Jeff and I went out to NY I was impressed with Brian's first class shop,his knowledge and his hospitality was second to none.  Nice work Brian.

Harold Bobo

Thank You Sponsors!