iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol switches to Husky power?

Started by J Beyer, July 30, 2002, 08:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Beyer

Just got an item in the mail that Logosol has switched to Husky powerheads.  :o  Any of you guys have an idea why they switched? :P

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Frank_Pender

Sounds like they are trying to get as good as a Stihl. ;) :D :o
Frank Pender

TJACK

Frank, I hope you were kidding.  Husky is every bit as good as  ;DStihl.  I have for many years owned both brands.  I personally like Husky saws better than Stihl.  Why?  I believe Husky works harder at improving their saws from year to year while Stihl sticks with the same old stuff year after year.  Additionally, they just feel right to me and they offer more models.  

Truth be told, my local dealer sells Stihl and Husky and he said it is only personal perference.  Each make is as good as the other.  He just happens to also be a logger and carry one of each.

TJACK

Frank_Pender

Yes, I am just joshing  around. :D :D  We have a logging out fit here that purchases 24 new saws every 6 months for his cutters.  12 use Huskys and 12 use Stihls. :) :)  It seems simply preference and a fun conversation to sometimes get going to watch the blue air mix in the Oregons mist. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Newfie

I was surprised to see the same flyer. I was thinking it might be due to the fact that Stihl now has a 90 day commercial warranty on the "big" powerheads while Husky still offers 2 years. But I could be wrong.

Corley5

What Husky saw are they offering as a powerhead or is there a choice?  The 3120 should make a fine powerplant for a sawmill.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

J Beyer

Nope, the next saw under the 3120 for power and displacement.  In other words, whatever model that Husky sells that is a 90cc class saw.

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kiwi_Chris

I think it had to do with a guy that hurt his arm pull starting a saw  ??? and sued Logosol :o  who in turn had to sue still  :-/ who then didn't want to put the saws on thier mill. ???
I'm not 100% on this but if you want to know the low down then just ring Rob and see what he says, striaght from the horses mouth I say.Then this eliminates any speculation on any ones part......especically mine  8)

Thank You Sponsors!