iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prepairing for da piggy roast

Started by Jeff, July 10, 2005, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, a couple weeks ago we order the pig (yet to be named, suggestions welcome) and the spot-'O-Pot. Yesterday Tammy and I went to Sam's club and got all the plates and cups and other stuff like that.

Today we started thinking about getting ready for you folks that cant be there with us. ;D

If I get stuck, is there someone out there that can help walk me through getting this going?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

Hey Jeff, how about your location on Google Earth? It is real-time, but we should be able to see your house.

Tell you what, I will setup one down here at the same time. I got broadband it should be pretty good.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

DanG

Heeeyyy Mannnn!  You gonna have a spot o' POT?  Sounz like its gonna be a real parrrrtayy! ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

doublecut

might be able to come this year.We will see how it plays out. Heading down to ron's to do another show so maybe be able to catch you all on my way by.
I will be sure to let you know when it is going to happen this time danG
doublecut

Jeff

DanG

That DOES sound good! 8) 8)  I won't have any trouble getting Linda to go visit her sister...we're long overdue.  She can stay there and pan for gold while we play with the mills.   :-X  OOPS! :-X  I didn't say nuthin', Harold!

It's getting obviouser and obviouser that I ain't gonna make the Piggy Roast. :'( :'(  There's just too much going on around here, and money is an issue.  I been working as hard as I can on the beer can collection, but I'm falling woefully short. :-[  Make's me doubly glad I went to Sawlex and met a whole bunch of folks.

Jeff, that camera is cool looking, but that's the first time I ever saw a square router.  Mine is round.  Does it take the same kind of bits? ??? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

problem is making it work. I can make it work within the network, but still trying to open a port for internet.

crtreedude

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately, I don't think it is the port, it is the IP. The router is hiding the camera behind it using NAT (Network Address Translation) and so we need to somehow get it outside.

Often the way it works is you transmit to a server (like a website) and then everyone checks into the website.

This way the camera only has to know about the website, and we only have to know about the website. Reaching the camera will be challenging unless you have a public IP.

Fred

P.S. This post is revenge for all the post you all do that I don't have a clue about....  ;D

Jeff

In this case the camera is the server and the I.P. belongs to the camera. The camera doesnt even need a P.C. to run, Suposedly.

crtreedude

You are correct, the camera is a server - but no one can see it due to probably two factors.

1. Your IP may be dynamic. Therefore it will keep changing.

2. The camera itself has an IP that no one can know since it is behind the router and is a private one.

The solution might be SoloLink DDNS - which will allow a dynamic IP to searchable on the internet.

Also, in the router - there is an option that will probably do it: From the manual -

DMZ The DMZ hosting feature allows one local user to be exposed to the
Internet for use of a special-purpose service such as Internet gaming or videoconferencing.
DMZ hosting forwards all the ports at the same time to one PC.
The Port Forwarding feature is more secure because it only opens the ports you
want to have opened, while DMZ hosting opens all the ports of one computer,
exposing the computer so the Internet can see it.

I have never used this feature before so I can't really explain it - but it sure looks like the right thing.

crtreedude

This is on page 22 of your Wireless - G manual.  ;D

Jeff

I have been in the web interphase with the router. I set up port forwarding but an only opening one port, We do have a static I.P. address so that should not be a problem.

ronwood

Jeff,

If you need some help send me a PM and I will give you a call.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

crtreedude

Hi Jeff -

What is your static IP - you can send it to me private - that might be what we need.

Corley5

Quote from: crtreedude on July 11, 2005, 07:06:59 AM
P.S. This post is revenge for all the post you all do that I don't have a clue about.... ;D

;D ;D ;) ;)  This all Greek to me ;D  You guys seem to know what you're talking about ??? :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Got her going, but I am afraid this part is going to be pretty much a broadband thing. Its live video/with sound.  THe interphase, as is, supports 4 users at one time.

I will do my best to try to get something rigged for low speed as well.

isawlogs

QuotePosted by: Corley5 

Quote from: crtreedude on Today at 07:06:59
P.S. This post is revenge for all the post you all do that I don't have a clue about....

This all Greek to me   You guys seem to know what you're talking about   

Greek ???  I thought it was latin they was writing  :P   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ronwood

Jeff,

Could you set something up like was done at Sawlex?

Ron

sigidi

Hey Jeff,

that is just Bleeding Fantastic!!!

A slower one will be great for us farm-types here in the sticks!!! ;D :D
Always willing to help - Allan

Jeff

Quote from: ronwood on July 11, 2005, 04:22:12 PM
Jeff,

Could you set something up like was done at Sawlex?

Ron

If someone brings a laptop with a g wireless card I dont know why not. I have a camera and software we can stick on it. I dont have a laptop though.

ronwood

Jeff,

Is there anyway to put the software on your desktop and capture frames from your wireless internet camera? If your tesktop is on your internal network it might be possible. I don't have any idea how the software works. Can you obtain pictures from a number of different sources?

Ron

Furby

If not, I belive the type of capture Ianab was doing should be able to capture from a live feed.

Jeff

I do think I can record snapshots. What I think I need, is an FTP application, that will automatically upload to a specified destination.

Ed_K

Something Reeeaaalll Slooww  ;D, cause I only get 14.4 kbs  >:(.
Ed K

Jeff

I'll throw a note in a bottle RIGHT NOW!  :D

Thank You Sponsors!