iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone else "dunk" their Oreo's

Started by GareyD, July 10, 2005, 08:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GareyD

We had some extremely heavy storms last night here in Georgia...I'm sure they were nothin compared to what the Florida coast is gettin...Seein's how they come from the South south west, I'm thinkin that Hurricane Dennis mighta had sumpin to do with pushin' them here...

The local forecast sez that the really heavy rain won't get here till late this afternoon/evening and heavy thunderstorms are sposed to last til sumtime Tuesday...I'm thinkin' that my oreo's are gonna hafta learn to swim :) :) :)

Hope all ya rowdy Florida boys have yer water wings on and are safely tucked away...I can't imagine livin' where the real storms are happenin' :o :o :o

This is how the view from the deck normally looks...

This is what it looks like this morning...

The lake rose in about 3 hours...in the 12 years I've lived here, I've never seen it this high...oughta reach the emergency spillway if it really does rain much more....
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Teri

Pop wants to know if ya got your sawmill on pontoons close to the house? ;D

DanG

Garey, yer water is gettin' kinda tall!  Ya might hafta bring the oreos into the house!  ;D  Saw reports last nite that it was raining at a rate of 6.7 inches per hour in Panama City.  Thankfully, that only lasted a few minutes, but that is some serious hard rain!! :o :o :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

SOme places here a month ago had 3.5 inches in 20 minutes. It washed fields and roads out in New Denmark. It was almost dark and the middle of the day.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Gary I dunk those kind of oreo's in ketchup. ;D

Furby

Quote from: Norm_F. on July 10, 2005, 12:59:11 PM
Gary I dunk those kind of oreo's in ketchup. ;D
I'll go for that! 8)
Maybe a little bit of BBQ sauce as well! 8)

isawlogs

I just cant imagine getting 6.7" of rain i an hour ... But have seen snow come down like that
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Arthur

Last week the North east of NSW, Australia flooded.  Some cities and downs got to the point of evacuating some of their areas.

We got to within 6" of the local bridges going under.  Most bridges are at least 3m above normal levels.  The main bridge in town is 7m above normal and ended up with only 1m before flooding.  They raised the bridge 2m a few years ago.

We ended up with 16" of rail for the 5day. 

This week we have the extreame in the other way.  The wind is dry and hot coming from the centre of Australia and its almost like we never had any rain.

arthur

Thank You Sponsors!