iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SCOTTISH SAWMILL B1600.

Started by KYPE, July 07, 2005, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYPE

[co HI,NEW MEMBER HERE.JUST BUSY READING ALL PREVIOUS POSTS. I LIVE IN SCOTLAND AND RUN MY OWN FORESTRY COMPANY.WE ALSO RUN A MOBILE SAWMILL SERVICE.REBUILDING A TIMBERKING 1600 MILL AT THE MOMENT.BELIVED TO BE THE ONLY ONE IN SCOTLAND IF NOT THE UK!.ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TEC. INFO AND LOTS OF B1600 PICS TO HELP WITH REBUILD.THANK FOR NOW GENTS. KYPE.

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, KYPE.   Good to have more from the Highlands. 8)
Frank Pender

fstedy

8) 8) 8) Welcome Aboard  8) 8) 8)
Hooray another TK guy.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

ronwood

Kype.

Welcome to the forum! Timberking is one of our sponsors and I would give them a call or send email.  Good luck

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Will_Johnson

Hi Kype:

I didn't know we had any 1600 mills in Scotland. Any idea of the path it took before arriving in your hands? Where exactly are you?

Please feel free to call or email us if you have questions, need parts etc.

Best Regards,

Will Johnson, President
TimberKing, Inc.

tnlogger

welcome to the forum Kype you've found a new home here  :)
pictures are what we like along with a joke or two put in here and there  ;D
gene

Ernie

Welcome aboard Kype.

We love pics, jokes and recipies even with a Scot's accent :) :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Jeff

Welcome KYPE!
Great to have yet another TimberKing owner in our midst! Great Mill and Great sponsor of the Forestry Forum!

An from Scottland ta boot! 8)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Hi KYPE!  Welcome in. 8) 8)  Got Grits? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kirk_Allen

Welcome aboard!  Keep us posted on that rebuild with some pics! 

WoodSmith

CHARLIE

Welcome Kype! There are some other Scottish Forestry Forum members too. 8)  Tom and I are partial to Scotland, 'cause that's where our family got it's start.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

mometal77

Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

UNCLEBUCK

Welcome to the forum ! My fiance is 100% scottish , she is a Milsom .  Is yorkshire pudding as good as she says it is ?  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

SwampDonkey

Hiya Kype: Welcome

My folks are coming your way this September as it was my great , great grandfather's homeland. Not sure which part of Scotland because there are so many conflicting accounts. He's burried here in Hampstead, outside of Saint John, NB.

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

KYPE

[THANKS ALL FOR THE WARM WELCOME.HOPE TO SEND SOME PICS OF WHAT WE DO OVER HERE IN SCOTLAND SOON. ALSO OF TIMBERKING REBUILD.  WE USED A LOAN MILL ,WM,TILL WE GOT TIMBERKING.HAVE NOT USED IT YET AS WE WENT TO REBUILD RIGHT AWAY.CAN ANYONE HELP WITH BLADE,SPRING TENSION SETTINGS AS WE HAVE NO MANUALS.ALSO WHAT OUTPUT RATES MAY BE.THANKS GENTS . KYPE.)color=Green][/color] :)

Haytrader

KYPE,

Scroll back up to reply #4
Will Johnson is the man you need to contact.
Just click on his name in that post and it will send you to his home page where you can contact him directly.
I'll bet he can get you a manual and get you the info you request.
Haytrader

iain

Wecome Kype where exacto in Scotland are you?

Jeff note the number of t's in the spelling ;),
them "tchuchters" can get techy :D

iain

KYPE

8)THANKS IAIN,BASED OUTSIDE OF LANARK.FOR ALL IN USA THATS WHERE BRAVEHART STARTED.WE WORK IN THE WONDERFUL CLYDE AND AVON VALLYS,BETWEEN GLASGOW,STRATHAVEN & EDINBURGH. WE RUN A SMALL FORESTRY / HARDWOOD FELLING AND EXTRACTION SERVICE.AS WELL AS FIREWOOD IN THE WINTERS.JUST ABOUT TO BUILD A SAWMILL SHED FOR THE TK ON OUR SMALL FARM.THIS WILL KEEP ME BUSY ON LONG SUMMER NIGHTS.THATS IF I CAN STOP READING ALL THESE GREAT POSTS ON THE FORUM. THANKS ALL KYPE.

iain

Oh another damned southerner then ;)
Got some of lindas family along the road from you in Penicuik
they move today and tomorrow

iain

submarinesailor

Spend a little time in the Holy Loch and Dunoon area back in the mid seventies.  Will always remember the many shades of green.  Some of the prettiest green I have ever seen in all my travels.  Also remember the weather out on the Firth of Clyde; it snowed, sleeted, rained and was sunny all in about 2 minutes.  :o :D :o :D :o :D

Welcome to the forum!!! 8) 8) 8)

flip

Love the scotts! 8)  We've traced our family back to the Dalzell clan, really hope to visit some day and take in some golf and some of the native liquor ;D ;D.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

KYPE

8) HI,ALL KYPE HERE.STILL REBUILDING MY TIMBERKING MILL WHEN I HAVE SPARE TIME.HOPE TO LOAD SOME PICS SOON.  OFF TO CANADA ON HOLIDAY FROM THE 18TH SEPT. TILL THE 19 TH OCT.(VANCOVER AREA). HOPE TO VISIT SOME SMALL MILLS! ANYONE KNOW OF ANY IN THIS AREA. THANKS KYPE. :D

Paul_H

Kype

I'm just over 2 hours away,North towards Whistler.Please give me an instant message and maybe we can meet up.

Paul
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Swede

Hello KYPE, and welcome! Nice to see one more member from the "right" side of AO ;D

I´m also a rebuilder, don´t know for shure what brand of sawmill I have. Think I could live with a TK 1600. 8) One day perhaps I go to Norway and buy one. 
Also wish I could go to the "other" side and meet all nice people there. Perhaps the pig roast 2019..................... :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!