iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

treefarmer skidders?anyone have one

Started by hillbilly, July 07, 2005, 06:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbilly

IVE been looking at a couple of tree farmer skidders here latley they seem to be in decent running cond and fairly cheap mach to maintain anyone everused one ?
hillbilly

Sawyerfortyish

I'm a Timberjack man but I think treefarmer makes a decent skidder too. Now I'm going to start something but I would buy a treefarmer before I'de buy John Deere ;) Treefarmers are made in Canada I think(somebody will correct me if im wrong)Just like the old Timberjacks were. I think treefarmer and timberjack have a lot in common. They share many of the same components.

Scott

I see a lot of the older Tree Farmers around here but no new ones. There used to be an old C5 with a 353 in it that ran around here, it was a good solid machine. I think thier plant is in the southern states now.
http://www.franklin-treefarmer.com/
Check out this big rig http://www.publiquip.com/heavy-Equipment/Tree-Farmer-Skidder--1616586165.htm

Frickman

I run a Tree Farmer C5-D forwarder. It's a great running machine and very easy to work on.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Ron Scott

The Tree Farmer was originally a West Coast skidder introduced by Dwight Garrett in Enumclaw Washington in 1958. It rivalled the Timberjack in sales. There wasn't much difference between them.

It later was purchased by Can Car of Fort William, Ontario and was known as the Can Car Tree Farmer. Can Car ceased building Tree Farmer and it was later merged with Franklin in Alabama and retained the Tree Farmer name.

Still a good machine from what I know of it.

~Ron

OLD_ JD

like any kind of machine,matenance is the keys word,as far i can see they look good to me ;)
Sawyerfortyish ,i know u dont like JD coze part's are expencive ,but i dont care to paye more $ for, make me feel like i run a quality american made piece of equipemen :D :D :D
canadien forest ranger

Sawyerfortyish

Just because it has an American name doesn't make it American. A lot of John Deere equipment ain't exactly made in the USA. If you look you'll see a lot of funny writing on parts. Not sure about skidders but a lot of farm and construction equipment is from Japan :o

Minnesota_boy

Also check the John Deere farm tractors.  A lot aren't built in the US.  Europe come to mind as the source for some models.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SwampDonkey

We had a German made John Deere tractor that was always in the shop. We had better luck with Japaneze made tractors.

We had a Can Car tree farmer for years (25 or so) and it was second hand. It was very reliable. Sold it 4 years ago.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OLD_ JD

all old JD skidder are made in USA,the A,B and C series...the rest iam not sure ;)
i run a 2755 JD tractor who was made in germany...real piece of junk >:(
canadien forest ranger

timberjack240

well im a jack man myself but treefarmers are liek timberjacks easy to fix and great on fuel with the little detroits . my pap had 2 and he sed the boom works good on them becasue tehy stick back and its easier to get the trees up off the ground. think ill have to agree with sawyerfortyish id run a treefarmer before a john deere ;D

tiny3

Quote from: timberjack240 on July 08, 2005, 04:18:46 PM
well im a jack man myself but treefarmers are liek timberjacks easy to fix and great on fuel with the little detroits . my pap had 2 and he sed the boom works good on them becasue tehy stick back and its easier to get the trees up off the ground. think ill have to agree with sawyerfortyish id run a treefarmer before a john deere ;D
::) ::)
artest formely known as tiny

Thank You Sponsors!