iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dying ash trees

Started by Homer, July 05, 2005, 04:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

leaves with stems are falling off. some trees are dead. I think they are mountain ash? they are yard trees. Whats going on? can they be saved? Homer

populus

Impossible to say without seeing the trees. You should contact a reputable local arborist for a diagnosis.

Texas Ranger

Was there any construction activity in the area of the trees?  Any obvious insect damage?  Like populus said, you need a local expert.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

bitternut

Homer I think you will find that if they are mountain ash that they are goners. They are not noted to be long lived trees. I have had the same experience with several of mine. The good thing is that it does not take long to grow a replacement. The robins and cedar waxwings plant new ones for me under my pine trees every winter.

Homer

Thanks for your replys, I'll look to a local. Homer

SwampDonkey

We had some kind of invasion of insect larvae about 10 years ago that claimed alot of mountain ash in my area. But, the good thing is that they seed so prolific that it was no time that we had a new crop. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!