iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lookie what I found

Started by WoodSmith, July 01, 2005, 09:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodSmith

Found these old tools cleaning out my Dads shop.
Hopefully my pictures aren't to small.
One is clamp for an old saw blade and the other looks to me like a tool to set the teeth on the saw.
Anyone have an idea how old these might be?
It looks to me like I may need to enlarge them just a bit.

maple flats

Are there any names cast into them?, or even dates?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Gipper

The bottom one looks like a handsaw setter.  I have three of them, two by Stanley and the other is a cheap off brand of some kind.  They can still be bought today, but don't seem to be as good in quality as the older ones. The Stanleys' I have are pretty good quality.   Can't see the others well enough to tell.  Could it be a clamp or vise of some kind to hold the old cross-cut saw while sharpening? 

It's amazing what we can find in cleaning out the old "junk buildings" that our fathers and grandfathers used for storage.  I recently found a Monkey wrench, two wrenches for a Model A Ford, and a 24 inch hand plane that my father had stored.  The two wrenches have 'Ford' stamped on them.  Probably could add a srcewdriver and have the entire tool kit for the Model A. :D  A couple other old wrenches not sure what they are called, but very strange looking.  Got them soaking to try to make usuable.  The rest were in pretty good shape.  Will try to get some pics of them one of these days. 

Thank You Sponsors!