iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Air line tickets , not piggy roast or anything wood

Started by isawlogs, July 01, 2005, 06:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

My daughter went to British-Columbia on a working vacation , she is picking fruits over there . She left here by bus , 3 days 2 nights on the greyhound bus ... Nice trip but she would like to come back by plane .... 
  So my question would be  How does one find a cheap flight for her to come back ... She would be leaving from Vancouver and going to Ottawa  in or around the 28 of July .

I know some of you guys are real good with this computer thingy and could  come up with something for her to ride in or on ..  ;D

Paul
  She told me that it sure is nice country out there ... Cant wait for her to get back home and show me the pics she took .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom_Averwater

Try priceline.com  or orbitz.com . My wife uses these sites for travel .  Hope this helps .  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Tom_Averwater

He who dies with the most toys wins .

isawlogs

Its a one way trip ...  And defenitly  ouch big time ...  I think I can get her on Air Canada for a little less then 300$
  Thanks for looking ...  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ernie

I hear that the train trip is really spectacular specially through the rockies
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

wiam

I have found pretty good prices on air lines own sites.  Better than priceline or orbitz on the same flights.  I guess my point is look around and then do it again tomarrow.

Will

DouginUtah

Marcel,

I don't know if this will help but if she was able to get to Seattle she could fly to Buffalo for $159 or to Detroit for $139 on Southwest. So, a bus trip to Seattle wouldn't be difficult and a bus trip from Buffalo or Detroit  wouldn't be too bad--except I don't know how far into Quebec you are. Could you meet her in Montreal?

Southwest reservations: www.southwest.com

I assume she is 18 or older.

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Furby

Round trip air fare is sometimes cheaper then one way,  just dump the return ticket.

Another option might be to talk Paul H into "driving" to the piggy roast. She could ride along and help make the trip easy for the little one. ;) ;)  ;D

You could pick her up at the roast!  ;) ;D

Paul_H

Marcel,

Is she in the Okanagan or in the Fraser Valley? I'll bet she has a great time out here.

Furby,

:D

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Furby

isawlogs

Paul She is in the Okanagan Valley and yes she is having a great time . First time out there for her. She is at the moment in Osoyoos picking cherrys , From there she plans on going to some islands and then go up to Vancouver ...
Furby  :D  I will let her know that you have mention driving back with Paul , only thing she has a job waiting for her on the 1 of August . Unless Paul wants to come ahead of time a bit .  ;D
Doug ... She is 21 and purdy good looking  ;D ( just like her dad ) ;)
  She has never been on a plane and wants to come back that way , It cost her 133$ and change for the bus ride there , so far I can get her a ticket back here into Ottawa , witch is only an hour from here to the airport , for a little under 300$  I will check with West Jet and see ...

Marcel

Paul_H

Marcel,

If she wants to go up to Whistler,she'll be 20 minutes from our place and is welcome.My older daughter is 19 and I'm sure would love to show her around.

Jeff

I was wondering if the exchange rate couldn't be evened out by you canadian guys simply putting the $ in front of the number like we do instead of after it.  I bet thats the only reason there is a difference in the dollars.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

:D :D  I see you're feeling better.

I was thinking,Saskatchewan and Manitoba are taking up a lot of valueable space.If they were removed from Canada.I could drive to the pig roast in a comfortable 2 day drive.

Paul_H

Oh yeah and the Western half of Ontario too  :P

Furby

I'll take Saskatchewan and Manitoba off your hands if ya want!
Can always use more space! 8) 8) 8)

Paul_H

sold @ 1300$ an acre  8)

NB (must be moved from premises within 30 days,no refunds)

Furby

Never mind, for $1300 an acre I'll just buy the UP and call it good!

isawlogs

Paul
I will let her know , Thanks

I know my english aint up to par but is it dollar one  that a person is to write or one dollar   ???  is it  1$ or $1  
Inquiring  and sometime wundering mind would like to know   :P  :)

Marcel

Paul_H

$1   but when writing cents,the cent thingy comes after.

isawlogs

OK   but seeing where our money stands I,ll keep putting it  as 1$   ;)

Marcel

Brucer

Marcel,

WestJet is great! They have good fares, treat their customer's like they're important, and best of all, everyone has fun  ;D! No kidding -- ever been on a plane where one of the flight attendendents sings to the passengers? Or plays the flute?

The further ahead you book the flight, the better the price.

http://www.westjet.ca/home.html
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!