iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

double winch

Started by OLD_ JD, July 01, 2005, 09:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD_ JD

wonder if any of u ever try one of those ???are they good ???, sorry the page is in french but a pic wort 1000 word ;D
http://cfpf.free.fr/rubriq-cef/skidder-bd-cef.html
canadien forest ranger

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sawyerfortyish

Jeff I think you need to hire a differant translater :D There's something lost somewhere in translating.  Or maybe it's me  :-\

OLD_ JD

forget about the translating :D :D...just look the pic ;D ;D
canadien forest ranger

Jeff

I could make out  a few of the translated words. Then French, they sure talk funny. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

They translate word to word in order that it is in the sentence , cant do it that way ... you guys write back wards ...  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

tnlogger

:D to me it translates like yopper in reverse  ;D
gene

David_c

2 winches must be a french thing. I found this awhile ago.

www.machinerytrader.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?OHID=4926360&guid=7A40E6987E5

David_c

heres anther from france i find interesting

www.machinerytrader.com/listings/forsale/detail.asp?OHID=4926331&guid=7A40E6987E5

OLD_ JD

have a look to pic no:9,...i like that hydraulic fender ;)
canadien forest ranger

TeaW

OLD_JD
Great pics. I'am not sold on the double winch, two mainlines to pull out? But the remote controled winch would be a great labour saver.
TeaW

timberjack240

the double winch thing wood be ok until you had to fix both of em and buy 2 cables for em and twice as many chains or chokers (w/e you run) had to pull both em out and go uphill with em and tie knots in both of em. now im startin to think theres nothin wrong with the single winch  ;D i dont understand the piiont in the two winch system does anyone no what they are for ??

ScottAR

Some kinda portable highline rigging maybe?

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Scott

Timberjack used to offer a 460 with the double winch like that. It was actually called a "mountain skidder" or something like that on their website. i thin k the double winch thing is pretty cool looking, but i don't know how useful it would really be. the hydraulic sliding butt plate seems like a good idea for heavy uphill winching though

SwampDonkey

I agree with Marcel on the translation. A person will drive himself crazy trying to follow translated web pages. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tnlogger

If i remember right i think the old JD740"s had a double winch and some had a 6 way blade to boot ;D
gene

Clark 666 C

All the French lumbermam work in mountain with the double winch. You put up the rear hydraulic blade on the soil. Then you can skid very hard with the winch. It is usually to go fetch the logs at 100 or 150 meters of the skidder. With 2 cable, you can skid in to 2 directions without move the skidder.

maple flats

I used to sell Fransgard 3 point hitch log winches. They offered a double but I never sold one.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!