iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new gardner

Started by bitternut, June 29, 2005, 08:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitternut

Looked out the window the other day at lunch time and saw that I had acquired a helper to keep the shrubs trimmed down. That bush is only a foot and a half from the window and I was about a foot from the other side taking his picture.

Don't know what is wrong with these deer. They must think they are city deer and can just walk up to anybody's house and have lunch. I live in farm country and deer are supposed to have better manners out here. I would like  to see him try that archery season ( or gun season for that matter ). I noticed that something had nipped back some of my potted seedlings and now I am sure who it was. The deer have been wandering around the house quite a bit the last month or so. Must be hanging near the lake to keep cool I guess. Notice the flies on his head.

tnlogger

herb thats a good shot there. seeing as hot as it is invite him in give him a cold one and a sit on the couch  :D
gene

sprucebunny

Great picture !!! Nice new antlers....spiffy looking guy ;D
But I can't figure out the marks on his back...is it a shadow or are deer growing thier own camoflage ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DanG

He's probbly been sleeping under the truck. ;D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bitternut

You know sprucebunny I did not even notice that. You are right, it does look like camoflage. Actually I believe it is a shadow from the branches of my hazel nut trees. They have quite a few branches that most likely would have been casting shadows on the deer at that time of day. You have a sharp eye.

Patty

That is a neat picture. It is not often you can get so close to a young buck like that.

Unless of course you just shot him. :o
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Roxie

Quote from: DanG on June 29, 2005, 10:13:59 PM
He's probbly been sleeping under the truck. ;D :D :D

Toooooo funny!   8) 8)
Say when

isawlogs

This one almost ended up under the truck .
I Had to do an emergency stop for this little guy the other day . Was going to saw up at my uncles and he was laying on the road getting a tan . Of course he had to lie down just beyawn a rise on the road saw him at the last minute  :o  I stopped and picked him up and put him the other side of the fence , his mama was there and did not like the fact that I was messing with her youngone .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

MULE_MAN

Good picture's isawlogs

Glad you didn't run over the little critter  8)   I'm always afraid mowing hay I'll
get one of them . Last year I mow a Hen Turkey that was sitting in a middle of
a Hay field sitting on a nest of eggs,  That Disc. Mow sure did a number on her
Feather every where  ::)  I really hated that, But she was just hiding too good
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

isawlogs

I know what you mean . Have passed a few of them in the haybine here , There camo is just to good . And they dont move , I have been able to save a few , seeing them at the last minute and jumping on the clutch and brakes but some you just dont see till its over .  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!