iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eminent Dom.Man proposes taking Supreme court justices Home

Started by Buzz-sawyer, June 28, 2005, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

A New Hapshire Developer has sent propsal to the municipalty of the residence of Head Justice of the supreme court,,,,to condemn his home to build the .,"Lost Libery Hotel........"
YOU GOTTA LOVE THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,, If its good for the goose its good for the GANDER :D :D :D :D :D

For Release Monday, June 27 to New Hampshire media
For Release Tuesday, June 28 to all other media

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New London" decision allows city governments to take land from one private owner and give it to another if the government will generate greater tax revenue or other economic benefits when the land is developed by the new owner.

On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's home.

Clements, CEO of Freestar Media, LLC, points out that the City of Weare will certainly gain greater tax revenue and economic benefits with a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road than allowing Mr. Souter to own the land.

The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Café" and include a museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America. Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."

Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on this particular piece of land because it is a unique site being the home of someone largely responsible for destroying property rights for all Americans.

"This is not a prank" said Clements, "The Towne of Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain to take this land from Mr. Souter we can begin our hotel development."

Clements' plan is to raise investment capital from wealthy pro-liberty investors and draw up architectural plans. These plans would then be used to raise investment capital for the project. Clements hopes that regular customers of the hotel might include supporters of the Institute For Justice and participants in the Free State Project among others
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Roxie

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
The only thing that could make that news better, would be if I'd of thunk of it myself! 
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I'd like to find that guy and shake his hand! 
Say when

Furby

crtreedude

This is just too good! I think a dollar an acre should be a fair price for the land don't you think?

So, how did I end up here anyway?

shopteacher

Where's them other weasels live?  I think a few more hotels would do the nation good.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

submarinesailor

mike_van

5 houses for a hotel - Just like the Monopoly game ! ;D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Buzz-sawyer

You gotta figure .if ya threw enough CASH at those 5 little Burocrats.....it would seem to them the best thing to do.................
I WOULD contribute to this hotels foundation!!!!
BUT why not leave his HOME intact and as a sort of shrine to his rulings....use it as a revenue producing tourist attraction/bed and breakfast?
Perhaps they could sieze his furniture too?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Roxie

I know where I'm going on vacation!   :D  I'll donate!!   8)
Say when

Gary_C

This eminent domain issue has to be a politicians dream. The elected officials got just about anything from the developer they wanted, free lunches, dinners, and probably a lot more and now the supreme court gets the blame for their misdeeds and theft of property.

I do not defend the supreme court's decision, but you have to remember their job is only to determine if the city acted within the law, not rewrite the law of the land. The supreme court gets a lot of flack if they try to rewrite laws and not just determine if the laws are within the constitution or if someone acted within the law.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Fla._Deadheader

Maybe I'm wrong, but, isn't a Judge's job to ADMINISTER the law and keep the laws from being twisted ??

I think too many Judges rule with EMOTION rather than ADMINISTER the law.  >:( >:(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Patty

Where do I send my donation?  8)  8) This guy is gutsy and deserves support from all of us who find the Supreme Court's ruling obscene.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Fla._Deadheader

Anybody have this guys address ???  Can you imagine the Media's attention, if this guys mailbox is FLOODED with letters of encouragement ???   8) 8) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Buzz-sawyer

As published on his site.......Dont actually know anything about him other than this good idea.....

Logan Darrow Clements
Freestar Media, LLC

Phone 310-593-4843
logan@freestarmedia.com
http://www.freestarmedia.com

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

I noticed that too.   8) 8) 8) 8)

Stay tuned for the 6 o'clock News.  ;D ;D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Buzz-sawyer

I REALLY believe IF this or something like it would happen it would do a LOT of good for our nation.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

jerry-m

I'am in,

Just what these idiot judges deserve...

Get a legal address for this guy and I'll send a letter to help stuff his mail box... Well if we all send letters it will be delivered in large mail pouches, sure to get plenty of media attention...

Get involved or suffer the consequences,   Jerry Moore

Jerry

sprucebunny

This is great   8) What those judges all deserve.

Signed
a landowner...... or am I just paying taxes untill someone with connections wants to build a golf course there ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

tnlogger

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
chalk one up to helping out the judges  ;D
gene

Roxie

I sent Logan Darrow Clements an email and told him that he was a true American Hero, and that I would do anything that I could to help him!   :)
I mean it too.  I think the next step might be writing letters to the Weare, NH fabulous five, encouraging them to do what is best for the community, and in this case, the COUNTRY!   :D
Say when

crtreedude

You know, my future son-in-law lives in NH. I always liked him, now I think I like him even more.   ;D  It is about time politicians and judges have to live with their decrees. 

For example, if they let a child molester out, I think they need to live next to the judge or his family.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

I see they have changed the website already to reflect the fact that people want to invest.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tnlogger

:D :D :D :D now he might just make some money off this thing too  ;D
gene

Roxie

His website had a poll regarding Emminent Domain.  A total of 112,269 respones, 98% voted NO to "seize home and buildings for private projects as long as they benefit public good." 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!