iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

got the fenders on again

Started by woodmills1, June 27, 2005, 11:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

started at 8 AM cut the rest of the logs ready next to the mill then stacked.  Moved the mill to the garage then changed the oil and fuel filter, blew off every thing and greased.  Went to town and bought a ball hitch for the new toyota, air filter, new gloves and filled both buckets. Then put on the two free from woodmizer B56 (yes 56) belts with the help of the lovely Mrs.  Left here at 3 pm set up on a slopy spot that needed shovel work about 13 miles from here.  BUt........................ 8) 8) 8) cut 868 bd ft of medium nice pine and was home by 8:15, thats 174 bd ft per hr including drive time and the beers they gave me.  Bought a new box of blades from WM, that helped with speed, so did the big logs.  16  :D :D 1 by 20 by 13 plus from one log almost 400 bd ft in it.  probably three more days there and picked up anothe 3 4 day job for after the holiday.                          Got the fenders back on :) :)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

hit it hard today 12 hours, logs not as big and lotsa shufflin around but still at 154 bd ft per hour for the whole job.  just under 1800 today so 2600+ for the total.  Interesting thing is just put on the fourth new woodmizer blade even though a fair amount of dirt and one nail.  Also, by the way, the blade cost for this batch is just over 20 bucks including shipping.  I have been waiting for a job like this for years.  Have had lotsa visitors and many cards handed out.  The customers wife is so happy with the product she stacked todays wood by her self, till she needed help with the 20 inch wide ones. :o :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

hey 46 readers!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

you could just chime in and say way to go old fart!! 8) :D :D :D

Furby

woodmills1

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
Honestly..........I'd say you are doing pretty DanG good! 8)

I haven't had the mill running in a couple months. :-[ :'(

Tobacco Plug

Ain't in nice when things go right!  Good for you! 8) 8) 8)
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Haytrader

Way to go you elderly emitted wind from the backside.

:D
Haytrader

theonlybull

way to fart old goa.........  errrr  ...  way to go old fart  8)
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

sprucebunny

I was gonna ask: why ya didn't wait for it to warm up some ......

But I was afraid the outside temperature might have sapped your sense of humor  :D

Hope you have a shady place to saw and good job
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

tnlogger

wal now i'll just say good job thar
just because i sure wouldn't want one of them there admin type's we has change yer name fer ya  ;D
iy has happened before  :P
gene

Roxie

Yeah, I used to think my greatest fear would be the turkey or pumpkin thing.......poor Bro. Noble! 

Way to go you localized pressure mass from the south!   :)
Say when

Lenny_M

I tryed to put the fenders on for ya, but the guy kept  calling me  back. Your neiborhood. BIG maple, 40-44 big end, 36 small end X17 ft. and one other like 36-30X10. Center of logs are nice, None of the dark hartwood usally seen here in this area.
As far as Iron ?????? One guy I taked to says " the past 50 or so years he hasn`t seen anythang nailed to it. What about the other 150 years????
Sawing it on sat in front of Mac`s Apples in Londonderry.  sawn 6/4,12/4 and whatever 4/4  to get down to a managable size.  and turning stock from the smaller log. If ya should happen to be board stop by, Don`t bring your peas, The icecreame shop is 100 yards away :D
This guy also asked about green oak blocks, He splits and makes some kind of outdoor furnature from them.Round stoveblock.
I could use your# . I had it a while back but the puter went south on me and lost everythang. :-[
                             Lenny

woodmills1

Lenny, would love to see the Mac's cut but will be at my sisters for graduation party for her kids.  Macs is real close to me, next town over.

finished the cut yesterday, left at 8 and was home at 11:15.  Total 3120 for 156 bd ft per.  Used 4 new woodmizer double hards so thats 780 per blade, but the one on the mill would probably do a few more feet.  The last log was the smallest, a 12 footer just large enough to make 4 2x6 and a 1x6.  I was taking the 4th pass into it and sort of wavered my attention for a moment and got within inches of the log stops before I realized they were too high. :o :o :o  Would have hurt to need a new blade for 3 passes. :D

woodmills1

Started a new job today cutting for a contractor I have cut 3 times for in the past.  He said he was using the local farmers to mill his stuff on their circle mill but was tired of 2 by 6 that went from 5.5 to 6.5.  They are cheap though at 20 cents per.

Left this morning at 8:30 and was back home by 5:30 and get this

2122 Bf ft  9 hrs thats better than 235 bd ft per hr with drive time and 30 min lunch counted.

nice 14 ft logs making 2 by 4 and 6 as well as one inch but what really adds up the footage are the 14' 6 by 6 that he wants 36 of to make a new post and beam barn.  At 42 bd ft each they really pile up the measure.

woodmills1

must be time for a yo woody at least! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

tnlogger

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ok woody i cant hold out no more ye did a good job there yup ya sure did.
three or four more likes that and u be rich rich rich  ;D or will it be tired, tired tired
gene

Furby

woodmills1

am tired though not yet rich >:( >:( don't quite no why should be  :D am very happy goin out runnin the mizer.   Did the drive belts, new air filter and pre, new B56 yes 56 and took the rust out of the carb.  Add in the new box of blades and the nice nice logs and the 450 case there to push them around and this is a good good cut out job.  can ya say $1500 :D

Paul_H

$1500

I didn't hear you
$1500

Louder now..
$1500

Yo,good going old fartĀ  8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tobacco Plug

$1500 for 2122 board feet?  You are coming out well! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

woodmills1

no it was 450 for thurs but there are enough logs so that the job will come out to 1500 :D

woodmills1

1748 bd f today in 8.5 hrs.  took yesterday off for mental scratch that :o physical health and rain.  teo of the logs today were that choice grade A pine wee get up here, juicy no knot white white pine.  And second day someone else bought lunch.  Famous Lowell beans with franks,  not peas and spoon provided. :D :D :D Even got napkins. :D

woodmills1

and did I mention just how great the mizer is spesly with the new and lower cost blades 8)

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!