iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Server issues

Started by Jeff, July 23, 2002, 08:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

There have been some problems of late with our server being intolerably slow. I am working with the network people to try to get to the bottom of the problem.

I really get unhappy when this stuff happens >:(

Oh well, please put up with it till I get it figured out  :-/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

woodman

This is the 2ed  time i tryed to get on tonight i thought it was me thank you Jeff for telling us
Jim Cripanuk

DanG

Well, FINALLY, a subject comes up that I can address with some sense of authority!  There is a reason for this slow-down of the transmission of data bits. $$$$$$!

In short, the Internet boom is over. For a number of years, my company, and all the other local telephone companies, have been falling over backwards to meet the demand of providing transport for the WWW.  Now, we are not only, not installing any new circuits, we are actually removing some that already exist, because the ISP's are not willing to pay for them.   Suddenly, just about everyone who is interested has Internet access at home, or at work, or both. Mostly both. The Internet Service Providers(ISP's), being accustomed to Mega-Growth, have stopped upgrading their networks, to save money, but the growth hasn't stopped. It has only slowed, so the existing band-width is being bogged down, and the entire Internet is getting slower.  Someone(besides me) will wake up, sooner or later, and realize the value of long-range stability, and things will get better. But, until they do, we are probably stuck with sub-standard service.

Jeff, ask your provider about the ratio between his Ether-net bandwidth, and his customer base. I'll bet he won't be anxious to talk about it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Hey all,

Found the problem. They said I was out of memory (RAM) I said no way, they said buy some more, I said find out why I don't have what I am supposed to have, they did.

We have a real website back!

Jeff

I would like to hear if ya'll are finding a major improvement here.

ESPECIALLY YOU DON STAPLES!!!!!!!!! :D ;)

Tom

This is great.  Back to being able cruise the forum.   It's almost instantaneous and I can take advantage of my Broad Band again.  whoopee !!!!!!!!!!!  Yahooooo  Hot DanG........

Norm

Yep, quicker than it's ever been for me. Good job!

Kevin

Look`n good up here, speaking of bugs ... can you do something about those deer flies now?

Jeff

Man, you can keep them durn things. THey gotta be the ,ost annoying insect up here. We have them in the woods and near the rivers but not any around where I live thank goodness. I'd rather have a big ol skeeter any day.

woodman

Jeff you did a grate job just came on everthing went just right tonight  good job
Jim Cripanuk

CHARLIE

I hate deer flies too. They are smaller than a horse fly, but I'd rather get bitten by a horse fly than a deer fly. They are persistant cusses too. But then, I'd rather get bitten by a deer fly than a cotton pickin' black fly. Seems the smaller the flies get the worse they bite!

Oh, by the way, did you know how the term 'BUG' started getting used for a computer problem? Way back when computers had little memory but took up a lot of space, one had a problem. They finally found a dead moth in a circuit board that caused the problem. :P
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Gordon

Yes it's back up to speed again. Didn't visit for a while because of the super slow page loads. Still takes a few seconds, which I'm used to with my connection.

Bet you guys didn't even miss me
Gordon

Bill Johnson

Don't worry Gordon. I'm sure they all missed you :D
Bill

Jeff

We miss Bill Johnson more though :D ;)

no, not really Gordon, and yes we missed you. We figured you were going to school to be an OB-GYN.

Texas Ranger

I concure, and I am pleased that I am one of the first to bring it to your attention, now, about the beer and pretzles.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!