iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Newbie question RE. Peterson mills

Started by brdmkr, June 27, 2005, 10:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

What is lo lo, hi lo, etc. referring to with regard to the track options on the Peterson mills?  I assume that has to do with the rails that the carriage rides on, but even if I a correct in my assumption, I don't know enough to know which would be preferred for my intended application.  Any help sorting out these options and the relative benefits of each would helpful.

Thanks for all reponses.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Fla._Deadheader

Lo-lo is where both rails (Tracks) are nearly touching the ground. Hi-lo is where the left side track is positioned overhead and allows you to roll logs under the track. Nothing touching the ground.

The WPF model comes with both set-ups standard, I believe. That's what I want.  ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Captain

Harold is correct about the track positions...however Hi Lo is an option.  Standard WPFs come Lo Lo.

The reasons for Hi Lo are ease in hand log loading so you do not have to load over the track, AND it keeps the track out of the sawdust, it discharges on that side of the mill.

Some folks load logs with a machine, and do not use the high track option.  They shovel out their track to clear the sawdust.  I always use it, it takes only an extra couple of minutes to setup.

This was a pisture taken in March (burrrr) that shows Hi Lo Tracks.

Captain

brdmkr

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Fla._Deadheader

Hey Cap'n. Ya been sawin Hackberry ???  That's some mighty white sawdust ya got there.  ::) ;) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Captain

Ya know, after the last few days I'm longing for March weather... :)

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

maple flats

Me too Captain, can't take this heat, Besides, March=maple sugar season, fun times and sweet smells.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Hammy

Gees come on guys, I suppose in a couple of months you'll be complaing about all the white stuff falling down around you! I must admit we do not get the weather extremes as you do over there.  ;)
C. Hammond
Petersons

Captain

Hammie, we're suffering through 35 degrees C at the moment.  I'll take 35 degrees F anyday.....

Hammy

Ok thats pretty hot I'll give you that. I started biking to work this week & of course I picked the morning of the first frost, -2 C. She was cold.
C. Hammond
Petersons

Thank You Sponsors!