iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Archery season prep.

Started by Jeff, July 22, 2002, 07:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

You should see the tree stand...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Looks like a Texas Tale to me.  Have you talking to Staples again. :-/

Jeff

HECK NO! Texas has tall tales the U.P. of Michigan has Tall Trees.

Actually this is at the driveway of the land owner next to the cabin. I went back to visit him while we were up there. I got to get him to sell me his W-M. LT4024 hydrolic. circa 1990.

240 hours! That thing has been inside all its life. it looks brand new. He bought it to build his house, which is impressive sawn from 150 year old cedar. THis is the guy that owns the lake where I went fishing for my birthday last year.

Tom

what do you think your chances are, Jeff? 12-15 grand grab it.

Jeff

I think I will have to work on it a while. I think he said he paid 18,000 but He has all the sharpening equipment and stuff too, and I don't know if that was included in his cost. He told me that he thought about putting it up for sale, discussed it with his son, who said maybe they should keep it to saw him out a house. I think I would volunteer to come back and saw his house any time he needed me too. :)

I'll start felling him out every chance I get. He did tell me if I bought one he would semm me all his sharpening equipment that he only used a couple times. I'm not sure what he has, but he said you put the blade in it, turn it on and then drink your coffee. Said he would sell all that for "A heck of a deal"

He is still on his first box of 10 blades.

Tom

The LT40hd with a trailer package went for $16,600 in 1990 and the blade maintenance kit (sharpener and setter) was  $1200 I think.....might have been only a thousand.

You will need new cams for the sharpener because blade configurations have changed.  There has also been an upgrade in the clamp but you can live without it.  Cams are about $20.

You will find that the rule of thumb is for a mill to sell used for its original new value minus hard wear or abuse.  This one sounds "Cherry".

If you are serious about a mill, then the blade maintenance kit would be worth considering even if he doesn't sell the mill.

Jeff

I was looking at the tires, they are not checked or anything. I don't think the thing is hardly broke in.

Tom

Offer him $25.30.   :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!