iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Window unit goes mobile

Started by Tom_in_Mo., June 23, 2005, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_in_Mo.

My wife told me last night that she was at a walmart store and walk by this truck and heard a different kind of noise coming from the back of it, and when she looked a little closer, she noticed a generator sitting in the bed running. This generator was powering a small window unit air conditioner that was mounted in the back glass of the truck.  Where there is a will, there is a way!!

SwampDonkey

I'm wondering why they didn't just install a AC power unit under the hood and plug'r in. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

:D  the truck was probably licensed in Pennsylvania and their inspectors required an AC A/C. 

Yeah, I know.   I'm confusing two threads.  But, I'm still amazed at the Pa. rules of the road as described in
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12846.0

DanG

Tom, you cantankerous old curmudgeon, you! :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

I'm practicing, DanG.  Wait tll I'm really old.   I'll be good at it. :D :D

Roxie

We're all just waiting for you to stop holding back and tell us what you really think!   8)
Say when

Ernie

DanG

"curmudgeon"  what a beautiful word  what is it?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Jeff

"a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Jeff, I was gonna say something, but I didn't want to paint Tom or was it Dang??? in that light. ;)  :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I like the cantankerous part best.   :D

Buzz-sawyer

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it hard to believe that our BuzzSawyer would argue with anyone!  That's just pushing the limits of credibility! "

from what Roxie said about me today.....Do I qualify? ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Daren

I hope he had 'er duct taped in there good. :D Slamming on the brakes could be a real problem.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SwampDonkey

Reminds me of the Red Green Show

http://www.redgreen.com/

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Daren

Me too Swampdonkey, as soon as I read Toms post I had a mental picture of Red using 3 rolls of tape to hold the a.c in and as soon as he drives off, the generator falls out of the truck. :D
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Roxie

Quote from: Buzz-sawyer on June 24, 2005, 04:49:37 PM
"I don't know about the rest of you, but I find it hard to believe that our BuzzSawyer would argue with anyone!  That's just pushing the limits of credibility! "

from what Roxie said about me today.....Do I qualify? ;)

You could be looking at your future.   smiley_roller
Say when

Haytrader

Well
Then you must have cake.
Pass me some... :D

Happy B day Slabs
Haytrader

J_T

Didn't Kirk Allen say he fixed his truck ac ??? :D :D 8)
Jim Holloway

Texas Ranger

DanG, Tom, think we orta have a curmudgeon site on this board for us
Quote from: Jeff B on June 24, 2005, 03:51:12 PM
"crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas"

Think I qualify.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Slabs

I might second-chair that' un.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Rockn H

All jokes aside, I know a few drivers that have used a window unit and generator to cut down on their idling and abide with some states laws against idling.  One of the drivers has a one ton extended cab that he runs hot shot freight with.  You can buy auxilary heat and air units, complete for around $7000.  The way they have done it, if your careful on you're buying, you can get heat and air for around $700.

Ernie

Thanks for the definition Jeff

Looks  like I'll have to change my name
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Jason_WI

One of our tractors doesnt have AC and I was thinking along these same lines of a small window AC unit and a large inverter to run it. I would need to upgrade the alternator a bit for it to keep up though....... ;D :D

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Thank You Sponsors!